Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello from Norway! (again)

Hello from Norway! (again)

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello from Norway! (again)

Postby KiTJNr1 » Sun 03.17.2013 12:31 pm

お久しぶり!

I've been on a two years break with my Japanese learning (stupid idea), and when I decided to start again today I thought it would be nice to join this page. When I was going to create my account I discovered that I already had an account from August 2006, so, I'm back! And this is my re-introduction.

I go by the username Ikendo on most pages, but here I guess I'm stuck with the username the 15 year old me chose :sweatdrop:

I'm 21 at the moment, and currently studying Informatics, psychology, economics and a couple of languages (I had a hard time choosing just one thing to focus on, so I ended up with too much!). In two years time I'm planing on going to Japan as an exchange student, as I missed out on it during High School, and I want to be able to take all my subjects in Japanese. Now that I have a goal in mind, I hope it will be easier to focus and do something related to Japanese everyday.

I remember I used to be a member of the 2007 JLPT 4 Kyuu Study Group on this page, where I was introduced to my very first Japanese words and basic grammar. I don't know if any of the others from that time are still active here, but it would've been nice to see how far they have come. :)

At my spare time I usually write fiction, watch TV-series and some anime, listen to music, go for walks. I also spend a lot of time with friends and go so social gatherings. I'm still stuck in Morrowind and I still enjoy playing games on my SNES. I'm also trying to quit wow.

Oh, and I tend to blabber a bit.

Nice to meet you all!
KiTJNr1

Re: Hello from Norway! (again)

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Sun 03.17.2013 10:45 pm

お帰りなさい。
どうぞよろしくお願いします。

Taking long breaks from Japanese is terrible, your skills can erode quite quickly, but they are easier to re-learn than to learn. It helps to keep a few things around that you can enjoy repeatedly (music, anime, books, manga, whatever) so that you contact the language often even if you take a break from active study. Putting your interfaces (cell phone, e-mail, computer desktop, whatever) into Japanese also helps keep you in contact with the language.

And you can play most SNES games in Japanese...
SomeCallMeChris

Native language: English

Return to Introductions