Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - "My Japanese Coach" Nintendo DS game errors and bugs.

"My Japanese Coach" Nintendo DS game errors and bugs.

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Re: "My Japanese Coach" Nintendo DS game errors and bugs.

Postby Kane » Tue 10.18.2011 9:09 pm

I tried it out and realized that same thing as well. Also to me, it takes too long to progress in it. So I dumped this game and went back to other methods. This game is a senseless waste of time if you ask me. It tries but it fails to deliver.
Kane

Native language: English

Re: "My Japanese Coach" Nintendo DS game errors and bugs.

Postby baskerville » Thu 04.25.2013 2:26 am

I bought the game because I thought it would make a nice teaching supplement for me (to get ideas for the classroom and stuff). Like you, I also noticed the incorrect stroke orders and I started to list them down. But they got so many so I stopped altogether.

I also did not like the fact that the next lessons do not build up on the stuff learned in the prior lessons. How can they expect one to learn Japanese when the past lessons are not reinforced?

I am a big fan of using the DS for Japanese learning (I love Kanji Sono Mama Rakubiki Jiten and Kanken DS2) and I always advise my students to get a DS as a supplementary tool. But of course, I never recommend My Japanese Coach :D
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...
baskerville

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips