Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese Woman (For Boys only)

Japanese Woman (For Boys only)

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Japanese Woman (For Boys only)

Postby pauro03 » Wed 05.01.2013 4:32 pm

What's your opinion on Japanese women?Or what can you say about a japanese woman in general that is unique to them? ポストは面白いでしょね?xD
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
pauro03

Native language: NA

Re: Japanese Woman (For Boys only)

Postby furrykef » Wed 05.01.2013 9:37 pm

To be honest, I don't see this being a productive thread.
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Postby Shiroisan » Wed 05.01.2013 10:09 pm

hmm... That some of them are impressed by the gentlemanly western treatment of women by men such as giving them flowers on a date, holding the door for them to go first etc. This often isn't the case in Japanese culture and some find pleasantly surprising.

Other than that, nothing in particular.
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Postby furrykef » Thu 05.02.2013 7:51 am

I'll throw in my two cents anyway and say it annoys me how many of them affect a high-pitched squeaky schoolgirl voice. I much prefer it when they cut it out and just talk with their natural voice. (I do realize that this is ingrained enough that many probably don't even realize that their own voice isn't natural...)

Seems to me it has something to do with Japanese men's legendary unhealthy obsession with schoolgirls.
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Postby pauro03 » Sat 05.04.2013 2:34 pm

Shiroisan wrote:hmm... That some of them are impressed by the gentlemanly western treatment of women by men such as giving them flowers on a date, holding the door for them to go first etc. This often isn't the case in Japanese culture and some find pleasantly surprising.

Other than that, nothing in particular.

Really?Being that gentleman is some sort of new to them? hehe.. aw wait! I guess it's not because of you being a gentleman, but I guess it's because they've treated you as a stranger, and got shy on you. We asians do have that trait I guess, we don't talk much with strangers (even with co-races) and we find it weird even just to throw a good morning if we have crossed each others. xD I guess that's the case, I don't know if its the same in Japan, but here in our country, a simple good morning would only be easily thrown if you've crossed on someone you think is good looking.

furrykef wrote:I'll throw in my two cents anyway and say it annoys me how many of them affect a high-pitched squeaky schoolgirl voice. I much prefer it when they cut it out and just talk with their natural voice. (I do realize that this is ingrained enough that many probably don't even realize that their own voice isn't natural...)

Seems to me it has something to do with Japanese men's legendary unhealthy obsession with schoolgirls.

People weren't really the same, xD. Actually I like that so called voice that you are referring. But was it really fake? I mean, I haven't been to Japan, and was thinking that those types of voice were natural. So it isn't? Either way, I guess its cute. hehe..
pauro03

Postby Shiroisan » Sat 05.04.2013 9:41 pm

pauro03 wrote: But was it really fake?

Dear Lord yes. All you have to do is get one of them mad and you'll hear their real voice, LOL.

Maybe 1 out of 6 or something are real.
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Postby pauro03 » Sun 05.05.2013 9:27 am

Shiroisan wrote:
pauro03 wrote: But was it really fake?

Dear Lord yes. All you have to do is get one of them mad and you'll hear their real voice, LOL.

Maybe 1 out of 6 or something are real.

HAHAHAHA... ほんとか?I really thought that all of them really do have that kind of voice. Anyways, only one out of 6 do have a natural high pitched my so called cute voice?! oh my God..
pauro03

Postby loveinjapanese2014 » Tue 03.04.2014 7:02 am

Japanese girls are extremely beautiful. Their petite stature, ivory skin and black silky hair make them look very attractive, and it is not surprising that men fall for them and like to date them. But Japanese girls are not like girls of other countries. They give a lot of importance to their custom and culture, and at the same time if a woman realizes that a man is no longer strategic to her life she moves on without an explanation. :bow:
A one stop shop guide to help you understand Japanese girls and Japanese love culture. - See more at: http://loveinjapanese.net
loveinjapanese2014

Native language: English

Return to General off topic