Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Eirin.

Eirin.

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Eirin.

Postby Gan » Thu 05.16.2013 6:56 pm

I'm not too sure where to ask this but are there any sites that detail the eirin of Japanese film, tv-shows?
Gan

Native language: English

Re: Eirin.

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Thu 05.16.2013 8:50 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but, the eirin site should have everything you need.
The descriptions of the ratings are here,
http://www.eirin.jp/see/index.html

And you can search for the rating on any given program here,
http://www.eirin.jp/list/index.php

I think pretty much everything about the rating process is described on the site.
SomeCallMeChris

Postby Gan » Thu 05.16.2013 10:09 pm

Thank you, the second link was just what I was looking for! Quick question, how do look up the eirin exactly?

It keeps saying that the works I'm looking for aren't in the database.
Gan

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Thu 05.16.2013 11:24 pm

No... a substring of the title is enough, but it does seem like it only searches back to 2010. Odd. I also would've thought ratings would be in wikipedia entries, but the couple of films I checked don't seem to show them. Seems like nobody pays attention to Japanese ratings.
SomeCallMeChris

Postby Gan » Fri 05.17.2013 1:38 pm

SomeCallMeChris wrote:No... a substring of the title is enough, but it does seem like it only searches back to 2010. Odd. I also would've thought ratings would be in wikipedia entries, but the couple of films I checked don't seem to show them. Seems like nobody pays attention to Japanese ratings.

Huh? If you search by rating it clearly lists film released this year. And I don't understand your answer, how is "no" an answer to how you'd look something up?

For example if I'd want the eirin for セーラームーン, how? No matter what I search for it says that it's missing.
Gan

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Fri 05.17.2013 4:03 pm

I just put ムーン in, and got a number of results none of which are sailor moon. When I said 'back to 2010' I meant it has from 2010 to the present, but not older works; although, the search for ムーン just found some 2009 works. Anyway, I'm afraid the site may not be useful for older works since I only see results from the last few years. I don't really know where to look for older shows.

'No' was an answer to the question 'do I have to fill in all the fields?' which ... I thought I had read in your post. Either it was late and I imagined it or you edited your post.
SomeCallMeChris

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan