Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Genki study partner(s)

Genki study partner(s)

Discussions for those using the Genki Textbook series

Genki study partner(s)

Postby KitoriDERP » Thu 01.17.2013 12:22 am

Hello!
I am looking for a study partner or group of people to study the Genki text books with! I started them several years ago, but I got really busy and lost motivation studying by myself. I was hoping I could find someone who would like to study together... maybe set up a time frame to work on each lesson (one lesson a week or something like that?) and consult each other throughout the learning process. Feel free to reply here or PM me if you're interested! Thanks!
Kit
KitoriDERP

Native language: English

Re: Genki study partner(s)

Postby sarahmame » Mon 02.25.2013 11:09 pm

Hello, I'm new to this site. I came across your post searching for Genki related topics as I have the textbook/workbook myself. I wanted to try to learn with my husband, but he's isn't motivated. I'd love to study together. Let me know how you'd like to proceed if you're still looking for a study buddy.
sarahmame

Postby Elfeera » Tue 02.26.2013 2:17 pm

My book has just arrived, I'm a complete beginner, but people to study with are welcome, to keep me motivated:d
I'm an absolute beginner.
Elfeera

Native language: Dutch

Postby TheDevilsAdmin » Sun 03.10.2013 12:24 pm

If I am not too late I'd like a study partner as well :3
皆さんこんにちは!!はじめまして。
私の名前はアンドレーアスです。
18歳学生です。どうぞよおしく。

日本語が少しわかります。僕はおねがいします。

Aaand that's enough rambling for this signature ;) (I really do hope I didn't screw something up >.>)
TheDevilsAdmin

Skype chat: thedevilsadmin
Native language: Swedish; English

Postby Elfeera » Sun 03.10.2013 4:59 pm

TheDevilsAdmin wrote:If I am not too late I'd like a study partner as well :3

You can count on me, just a matter of finding time to do it
And chat doesn't count I guess
I'm an absolute beginner.
Elfeera

Native language: Dutch

Postby tre » Mon 03.11.2013 1:20 pm

I have finished genki chapter 3...I also use other texts. Genki has alot of school terms I just don't care about atm and texts like Japanese for Busy People have a ton of work and office terms. I totally get all of the grammar I come across but my vocab is blah...Trying to work on kanji too but it's tough. I end up bouncing from book to book.
I have the textbook, workbook, kanji workbook and answer key book. One thing I'm hating are the listening parts...they seem to speak really quick...I know the genki site has one link to a page where they give a slow and normal speed for a few review lessons. Maybe I need to structure my study more but it's tough to.
tre

Postby nikhilkhullar » Thu 03.14.2013 4:19 am

After self studying from various random resources for an year and clearing N5, I now want to put it all together. Have just received my Genki books finally. Moving to Japan in April. Long awaited dream coming true :)

Count me in the Genki study group. Let us all nail it together.

よろしくね。
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...
人生は音楽です。
nikhilkhullar

Native language: Hindi

Postby Nyar » Tue 06.18.2013 11:52 pm

I am also looking for a genki study partner. I am highly motivated and have lots of spare time. I should be finished with Genki book 1 within the next 2weeks, and then will start Genki 2. I am happy help people get up to this point, discuss study methods and the like. My significant other is Japanese so I can get answers to questions instantly.

PM me if your interested.
Nyar

Postby wtaylor914 » Thu 06.20.2013 10:24 pm

Hi id love to have a study partner. Im only at about chapter 4 and my japanese is pretty basic. Im willing to help someone catch up or jump right in at a chapter close to my level. I live in japan so time may be an issue if you dont. Id like to ideally do one or two times a week for a session. I use skype and everything. If interested send me a PM! 8)
wtaylor914

Native language: english

Return to Genki Textbook