Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Textbooks used in Japan

Textbooks used in Japan

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Textbooks used in Japan

Postby Zephys » Sun 07.07.2013 3:56 am

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone know what language arts textbooks are like in Japan. I wanted to order one and study from it, but all I find are textbooks guides online. Are the textbooks themselves exclusive to Japanese schools only?
Zephys

Native language: English and Cantones

Re: Textbooks used in Japan

Postby Ranja » Sun 07.07.2013 6:01 am

Zephys wrote:Hello, I'm wondering if anyone know what language arts textbooks are like in Japan. I wanted to order one and study from it, but all I find are textbooks guides online. Are the textbooks themselves exclusive to Japanese schools only?

Your guess is right.
You can buy textbooks used in Japanese schools only from authorized book stores, which online stores like Amazon.co.jp are not.
Ranja

Native language: Japanese

Postby furrykef » Sun 07.07.2013 12:41 pm

Why, are they afraid gaijin might learn something? :P
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Postby Zephys » Sun 07.07.2013 4:27 pm

Ranja wrote:
Zephys wrote:Hello, I'm wondering if anyone know what language arts textbooks are like in Japan. I wanted to order one and study from it, but all I find are textbooks guides online. Are the textbooks themselves exclusive to Japanese schools only?

Your guess is right.
You can buy textbooks used in Japanese schools only from authorized book stores, which online stores like Amazon.co.jp are not.

Ahh I see. That's unfortunate. Thanks for the information.

Well what kind of literature do they read in high school?
Zephys

Native language: English and Cantones

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips