Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 日本留学試験

日本留学試験

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

日本留学試験

Postby Adriano » Tue 08.13.2013 4:58 am

Hi!
I'm going to take the EJU test this year and want to know if anyone here have ever taken it?
Along with 日本語、I will have the 総合科目(Japan and the World) and 数学(Maths), both in english.
There's the 2010 version available in the site and I've already bought the last year booklets at Kinokuniya.
Does anybody know where I can find the others past exams, online or in any library or institution/cultural facility in Osaka?
Thanks in advance! :bow:
Adriano

Skype chat: adrianojapan2008
Native language: Portuguese

Re: 日本留学試験

Postby Ongakuka » Tue 08.13.2013 9:52 am

Interesting. Is this a standard exam that all foreign students have to take to enter a University (other than organized exchange) because I always thought Universities came up with their own exams?
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby Adriano » Tue 08.13.2013 10:57 am

it depends in which university you want to go.
Most of public universities use the result of this test along with interviews to evaluate the candidates.
There are some that requires this test, though doesn't requires a minimum punctuation.
And there are the private (and expensive) universities that doesn't require this test, and in some cases, only a interview along with an essay in japanese should suffice.
Adriano

Postby Ongakuka » Tue 08.13.2013 11:39 am

Thank you very much :) I'm sorry I posted my own question even though I couldn't help with yours. I'm sure you're going to sail through your exam. 頑張ってください :D
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby Adriano » Tue 08.13.2013 4:22 pm

No worries :) hope this post helps people in the future too.
Today I'm going to the Japan Foundation (soo distant from the downtown, just near the Kansai Airport :sweatdrop: ) to see what I can get there, Japan Foundation were always so helpful to my studies to get ready to Proficiency/ Monbusho tests, their library were always rich of brand new resources, be it in Tokyo or Sao Paulo. :pray:
To tell you the truth if it were only History and Japanese tests I would study them as a "pastime", assured I can make it somehow, but Maths always spoils everything :evil:
Adriano

Postby Shiroisan » Wed 08.14.2013 1:07 am

Sort of off topic here because I can't really help either :( .

Out of curiosity, are you being required to take it by some institution?

If not I personally wouldn't choose to take it for Japanese testing alone since, as you mentioned, only a part of it is necessarily in Japanese, and in comparison the JLPT offers a more thorough testing of overall language knowledge/ understanding.

Then again if you're required that's a whole different story :sweatdrop:
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan