Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Taekwondo

Taekwondo

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Taekwondo

Postby alana » Wed 03.16.2005 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am going to Osaka, Japan, this summer and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a TKD school/club there. I realize that TKD is a Korean martial art, but I know that Japan is a member of the world TKD association. Any information on this would be helpful. :)
alana

RE: Taekwondo

Postby Aki » Wed 03.16.2005 8:28 pm

um, are you going to learn taekwando there? if so, i don't think it's a good idea....i imagine you're going there for a couple of weeks, right? why not learn it wherever you are right now? unless, you are, and simply wish to visit a dojo in japan or participate in a couple of classes...
Aki

RE: Actually

Postby alana » Thu 03.17.2005 2:14 am

I've studied TKD for over four years and I will be in Japan for 8 weeks. I don't think you should reply to peoples postings if you are just going to trivialize their questions.
alana

Postby nef919 » Thu 03.17.2005 11:02 am

alana wrote:
I've studied TKD for over four years and I will be in Japan for 8 weeks. I don't think you should reply to peoples postings if you are just going to trivialize their questions.

A bit harsh don't you think. Although it might not have been the reply you wanted, there wasn't anything wrong with it. Just how exactly is this trivializing your question? It was simply pointed out that if you are looking to learn (you didn't mention any prior experiance) then it might be a better idea to do so whereever your from.Then it was that perhaps you did have some exp. and might wish to sit in on some classes. While the poster didn't point you to any schools, neither did they trivialize your post. Chill out. Remember that arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded. (Now if that offends it would be understandable.)
Donde la malicia es la pista. Donde el Diablo vive y Dios solo va de visita.
http://nefsrant.blogspot.com/
nef919

Postby Kodi » Fri 03.18.2005 1:29 pm

oh boy. 'flames' already?
lets be nice now...
Kodi

Return to Japanese General Discussion