Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - i wish i knew it all...

i wish i knew it all...

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

i wish i knew it all...

Postby Hatori » Thu 01.05.2006 8:51 pm

well, does anybody have any links or a website they made about living in japan? i went to Kates page, and i looked at tons of stuff there, and i want to know more! i really want to know tons of things about Japan while i'm saving all of my pennies for a vacation and possibly a home when i'm older. i've been doing pretty well on the langauge by myself right now, but i would like to learn about more still. ^_^ so please reply if you have anything to say! :D
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: i wish i knew it all...

Postby ashitaka » Thu 01.05.2006 9:17 pm

on the left is a web links section look at it, there a lot of informationl sites.
ashitaka

Postby skrhgh3b » Thu 01.05.2006 9:29 pm

Kates has a website?

Anyway, I don't want to cause any offense, but the way people here dream about living in Japan because they're obsessed with comic books and animation seems so very disingenuous to me... or maybe I'm just sensitive to the whole Japanese 'henna gaijin' complex. Japan isn't some sort of Utopia - it takes a certain kind of disposition to be a foreigner in a foreign country as xenophobic as Japan. I hope you can make the most of it some day and come to realize that the personal enrichment of the experience goes far beyond the pop culture of 'otaku.'
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪
skrhgh3b

Postby Hatori » Thu 01.05.2006 9:40 pm

skrhgh3b wrote:
Kates has a website?

Anyway, I don't want to cause any offense, but the way people here dream about living in Japan because they're obsessed with comic books and animation seems so very disingenuous to me... or maybe I'm just sensitive to the whole Japanese 'henna gaijin' complex. Japan isn't some sort of Utopia - it takes a certain kind of disposition to be a foreigner in a foreign country as xenophobic as Japan. I hope you can make the most of it some day and come to realize that the personal enrichment of the experience goes far beyond the pop culture of 'otaku.'

i do love my books and DVD's that are japanese, but i'd love to experience being in another country. to me it's so interesting with everything that i know of so far. i've just been really into Asia since i was little, and i want to look more deeply into it at my age now. :) it don't think of Japan like a place of of fun and games like i used t before. but, you do have a point sometimes with other people's idea of Japan and what it all is.
so no misunderstanding about me ^_^
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan