Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - (UK) BBC 2 - Japanese Language and People

(UK) BBC 2 - Japanese Language and People

Japanese, general discussion on the language

(UK) BBC 2 - Japanese Language and People

Postby Kodi » Fri 03.18.2005 1:39 pm

Did anyone else watch this? In the UK on BBC 2. A few days ago. It was late night for 5 hours with 10 episodes on japanese. =) I recorded it but it is about 3GB, too much for me to put on the web which is a shame tho.
Kodi

RE: (UK) BBC 2 - Japanese Language and People

Postby Vengeance » Fri 03.18.2005 3:12 pm

:( :( :( Can you BT it for us???

I only caught the last ep :(. I thought it was really interesting, it didn't teach me any Japanese I didn't already know but learning about every day life and culture was very interesting!

BT it! BT it! BT it!
Vengeance

RE: (UK) BBC 2....

Postby ShinDig » Fri 03.18.2005 3:27 pm

DAMN!!! I didn't even know it was on! aaaarrrgh!!!! :@ Was it advertised cos i didn't hear anything about it :(
How do you BT it?
ShinDig

Postby Kodi » Fri 03.18.2005 7:15 pm

I have 256kb/s upload =p how wud i bt it anyway lol? I have no idea how to upload stuff on it. Even if I did manage it would take days lol. maybe i can lower the quality and re-encode it at a lower bit rate or something. ill give that a try before i even try to upload. its a shame i doubt this site would be aloud to host it hehe. worth checkin otu tho
Kodi

Postby Schattenjedi » Sat 03.19.2005 8:48 am

Is that the series with Yan-san?
Schattenjedi

Postby Kodi » Sat 03.19.2005 10:22 am

Nukina Yuka is the guide who is a japanese news reporter normaly.
Kodi

Postby Kodi » Sat 03.19.2005 10:27 am

Well I'm going on holiday tomorrow for a week. I have split the file into episodes so next week I'll try re-encoding the first one to a smaller size. I can't do it now because my computer just isn't in a good state. It's got some nasty virus or spyware which I'm trying to remove and it slows down the computer too much to video encode. If someone leaves info on how to bittorrent something for me and I manage to encode successfully next week then I may be able to get it up next week.
Kodi

Postby Vengeance » Sun 03.20.2005 1:46 pm

Well, uploading a torrent is quite an easy process. The hard part is finding a tracker, I could probs find a good one for us cos only a few ppl would be downloading them.

Nope, it wasn't advertised cos the BBC suck ass holez. They never advertise the Japanese stuff they put on TV, but because I'm always up till like 3am...I always manage to catch it.

Damn BBC...
Vengeance

Postby ShinDig » Sun 03.20.2005 2:33 pm

lol... tell me about it :o
ShinDig

RE: BBC

Postby Euan » Sun 03.20.2005 4:56 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/learningzone/queryengine/?config=learning&templatestyle=learning&attrib_1=category_id&oper_1=eq&attrib_2=keywords&oper_2=re&attrib_3=week_num&oper_3=eq&attrib_4=month&oper_4=eq&attrib_5=date_long&oper_5=gt&attrib_6=id&oper_6=re&val_6_1=.&sort_1=date_long&sortsense_1=ASC&sort_2=time_start&sortsense_2=ASC&pagesize=5&page=1&val_1_1=12&val_2_1=japanese&val_3_1=

The BBC don't advertise this stuff because.. uhm.. they suck. Luckily this kind of information is available, the above link -should- always point to the next showing of the show you guys mentioned. =p Next one is the.. 15th.. of.. March...

Damn.

It's "Broadcast regularly", so i assume it'll be on sometime next month. Check the link.

.:Euan
--Eternal Learner
Euan

Return to Japanese General Discussion