Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Why Haiku thread was closed ?

Why Haiku thread was closed ?

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Why Haiku thread was closed ?

Postby coco » Mon 01.09.2006 4:21 pm

I want to know a reasonable excuse.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: Why Haiku thread was closed ?

Postby Daisuke » Mon 01.09.2006 4:32 pm

Oh, you want to?

Well, here you are then.. Because the member chandrayee wrote mosts of the posts in it, and they were mostly double posts*, empty**, or just saying "This is a Haiku forum"***..

So, therefore I chose to close it. I should just have deleted it, probably.

* Rule break
** Obviously a rule break
*** I consider it as spam
Last edited by Daisuke on Mon 01.09.2006 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Gan » Mon 01.09.2006 5:07 pm

Yea..... the person She-He... Obivously doesnt like paying attention..... Cause I even hinted at them needing to pay attention. So it should be closed. But I do miss the haikus.... :(....... Perhaps one will get started again. But my thoughts are its too soon. though im not a mod, or the person who will start one.
Last edited by Gan on Mon 01.09.2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gan

Native language: English

Postby coco » Mon 01.09.2006 5:20 pm

So, therefore I chose to close it.

Sorry, I don't think it reasonable.
Delete some posts,instead of closing thread.
Otherwise the folly will spoil the other good topics.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby Gan » Mon 01.09.2006 5:24 pm

coco wrote:
So, therefore I chose to close it.

Sorry, I don't think it reasonable.
Delete some posts,instead of closing thread.
Otherwise the folly will spoil the other good topics.

Hmmm.... You do make a good point... Just as you awlays do Coco..
Gan

Native language: English

Postby ShinDig » Mon 01.09.2006 5:44 pm

No disrespect to coco-san...

..but i believe it is a mods duty to do as he/she feels is fit for the maintenance of the forums. And i believe Daisuke did the right thing..

..The person spamming/ rule breaking was warned several times. If he/she cannot abide by forum rules, an admin has every right to take that privelage away, and close the topic. (I doubt that just deleting the spam would have stopped this person from creating more, as they ignored blatant warnings to begin with)

..if theres any problems with this, feel free to send me a PM., and dont just open up an entire thread for this kind of purpose , please.

..Also, coco-san, you are more than welcome to open up a new thread on Haikus..
Last edited by ShinDig on Mon 01.09.2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShinDig

Postby Txkun » Mon 01.09.2006 6:47 pm

Daisuke, "the member who created..." *ehm* :D was me!
I agree about closing the topic but please don't say that I was breaking rules or something like that... I created thread on 24-11-2005 and the first reply is 06-01-2006. :( Someone that just reads your message and check the author creator will just do 1+1 and obtain wrong result ;)
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Postby Daisuke » Mon 01.09.2006 7:48 pm

Oops.. You got that one right.. Sorry, I will edit my message in a second.

The Haiku thread will remain closed.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby skrhgh3b » Mon 01.09.2006 8:44 pm

These mods are drunk on their own sense of 'power.' I moderate another Japanese language forum, but I've never lorded it over any thread like this.
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪
skrhgh3b

Postby randomperson » Mon 01.09.2006 9:33 pm

chandrayee has been warned many times and broke the rules 3 times in this thread. you dont have the right to say how we mod the forum is right or wrong. the rules are there for a reason and from what you just said it looks like your forum doesnt take moderating the threads there very seriously.
Last edited by randomperson on Mon 01.09.2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randomperson

Postby zengargoyle » Tue 01.10.2006 2:04 am

randomperson wrote:
you dont have the right to say how we mod the forum is right or wrong.

wow, that's almost as bad as the person who was disgusted with anybody who didn't like a certain anime...

unless you're Clay, then the members of the forum definately have the right to voice concern over moderation practices.

locking a thread because one person acts foolish?? does that mean that all anybody has to do to get a thread locked is start double posting in it? go ahead give in to the trolls.

and just how does somebody with only 13 posts get to be Administrator? doesn't seem like you have enough interest or give enough support to be all high and mighty. or are you somebody else in disguise?
zengargoyle

Postby Mariya » Tue 01.10.2006 3:23 am

Coco-san...literally the whole thread was full of chandrayee's empty posts...We can make another Haiku thread after I block chandrayee.

zengargoyle: since when has post number been a tool of becoming Admin? randomperson has been here since before me and has done things that maybe you do not know about. Please don't criticise before you actually know the full situation.
Mariya

Postby clay » Tue 01.10.2006 3:39 am

Let's stop this here. I have decided to reopen that thread since all members shouldn't be punished for one guy's trouble, but I want to stress one thing: being a moderator here is no easy job. Please respect their dedication and hard work.

Chandrayee, you were warned time and time again against double (and triple) posting and empty posts. And right after the warnings you double posted. That isn't ignorance but a deliberate action. It is no wonder the mods got a little hasty. If you have something to add to a previous post, there is an Edit button.

I am very grateful for Daisuke's hard work. He has consistently helped out well beyond what was asked of him. It is his 'job' to make sure the rules are followed for the good of everyone. If it weren't for him and the other mods, there wouldn't be a forum here since I am just too lazy.

That being said, I want Chandrayee and everyone else to continue to use and enjoy these forums. But please follow the rules! Rules are there for a reason.

ご迷惑をかけてすみません。
Clay
clay
Site Admin

Postby spank » Tue 01.10.2006 4:07 am

I think the moderators should cut chandrayee a bit of slack. She lives in the Himalayas and must walk 3km to the nearest internet access in a mountain tavern not unlike the one from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Okay, see that was silly but, you shouldn't ban me for it.

Likewise, I think English is a second language for her, so your admonitions are probably a bit muddled for her. Mind you, i can understand the need to enforce the rule agains empty posts and 'insipid one-liners.' But why not the double posts? If its eating up too much space, get rid of the signatures and avatars too! I dont' think double posts warrant the extinction of an entire thread.

By the way, Coco is cool. B) Fight the power.

*Now watch me get banned*
Last edited by spank on Tue 01.10.2006 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
spank

Postby zengargoyle » Tue 01.10.2006 4:38 am

spank wrote:
But why not the double posts? If its eating up too much space, get rid of the signatures and avatars too!

yeah, i don't really get the double post thing either... when coming into or back to a long thread that has a few different people you want to respond to it seems odd to have to cram all of your responses into a single post. it also makes it impossible to use the "Quote" button. :(

and i'm afraid to use the shoutbox for fear that somebody will give the "the shoutbox is not for chatting!1!23" line. seems that relegates the shoutbox to a "graffiti box" where all that's allowed is a "yo dudes/dudettes" to the homies. meh.
zengargoyle

Next

Return to Problems