Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Site rules discusson - NO CRITICISM!!

Site rules discusson - NO CRITICISM!!

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Site rules discusson - NO CRITICISM!!

Postby clay » Tue 01.10.2006 10:06 pm

Up until now the forums have been a very nice, safe place to meet. There have been very few problems or evildoers. I would like to keep it that way. I wanted to create this thread to discuss the rules to see how they can be made better to accommodate most people.

This is not the place to criticize past actions, problems or plant personal attacks (however subtle) - onegaishimasu, let's play nice.

First, let's hear a very good sermon by SaigoNoBan:
SaigoNoBan wrote:
すみません。みんなさん、ちょと待ってください。 この立派なサイトは、目的が日本語の勉強ですね。私たちは、これに気を付けた方がいい、自分たちの中で怒るよりと思います。 私たちの気力を勉強のために使いましょうね。:|ください。。。

Sorry... Please hold it a little folks... The purpose of this great site is to study Japanese. I believe it's better to concentrate on this, instead of fighting amongst ourselves. Let's use our energies for our studies, won't we! Please...

平和!!
Yours,
SaigoNoBan:(

And here are some suggestions by Mandolin which I think sound very reasonable:
mandolin wrote:
First, suggestions on rules:

Having a double post rule to prevent spam is a good idea. But it should only be enforced to prevent spam. Sometimes a double post is NOT spam, and shouldn't be treated that way.

It might be you want to do it out of fairness, but honestly, the world isn't fair. However, to alleviate the problem, you could change it to "Don't spam" and that leaves it up to moderator disgression as to what is or is not spam, eliminating the delineation of "double post" all together.

Please feel free to post any suggestions or ideas on the issue of rules. Keep in mind the rules are there to keep an orderly and safe environment. I am not an anarchist!

Clay
clay
Site Admin

RE: Site rules discusson - NO CRITICISM!!

Postby sgtkwol » Wed 01.11.2006 12:31 am

clay wrote:
Please feel free to post any suggestions or ideas on the issue of rules. Keep in mind the rules are there to keep an orderly and safe environment. I am not an anarchist!

Clay

Then you are a kaiser??? JK, I think the general rules that were posted for chat would be good for the forum.
sgtkwol

Postby clay » Wed 01.11.2006 1:38 am

clay
Site Admin

Postby Takeo Saeki » Wed 01.11.2006 1:43 am

I agree completely with both what Clay said and what the members in his quotes said. This a a site about Japanese, not petty issues between users. A little chatting amongst each other is fine in my book, but we shouldn't spam the site with arguments. I also agree with what mandolin said about double-posts.
Takeo Saeki

Postby Cherie061403 » Wed 01.11.2006 4:37 am

I too agree with what Clay and Mandolin said. ;)
Cherie061403

Return to Problems