Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - (if you are sensitive, don't read this) Was he joking?

(if you are sensitive, don't read this) Was he joking?

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

(if you are sensitive, don't read this) Was he joking?

Postby spank » Mon 01.16.2006 2:38 pm

My Japanese friend gave me this advice...

"In Japan the whole family uses the same bath water -- as a guest you will probably be given the priviledge of using the bath water first. Do NOT drain the water out after you have finished your bath!"

In the case I don't bathe first:
Umm, what if one of the female members of the family is menstruating or someone has some festering cysts that I don't want to come into contact with? Won't I surredipitously find some hairs or flakes of skin in the water? Should I consider these a charm from Buddha or a token of goodwill from my hosts? Would a floating bandaid be considered a souvenir?

In the case I do bathe first:
Would my hosts mind if I shave my hairy face and leave a cocktail of trimmings and shaving cream floating in the tub for their 16 year old daughter to wash her hello kitty T-shirt with?Would it be appropriate to dissolve my own form of methane into the water as a gift to my hosts? Would they reciprocate the favour by not flushing the toilet,accruing a large volume of uric acid, until I sat on the porcelain throne, and honorably allowing me the luxury of snorting their pungent aromas?

I need answers to these life-altering questions please. :D
Last edited by spank on Mon 01.16.2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spank

RE: (if you are sensitive, don't read this) Was he joking?

Postby ashitaka » Mon 01.16.2006 2:59 pm

if your going to shave your hairy face do it over a sink. dont fart in the water or the house.if you dont bath first dont drink the watter and if someone is sick or has a fungus they will bath last.

EDIT;
You wash yourself before getting in the Bath so you are slean before. just do what you would do at a Bath House and you shouldent have any problems
Last edited by ashitaka on Mon 01.16.2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashitaka

Postby AJBryant » Mon 01.16.2006 3:50 pm

Dude, you are SO lucky that I'm not one of the moderators/administrators here.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby Mariya » Mon 01.16.2006 4:07 pm

Isn't there any other forum you could use for this?...I know you gave a warning and everything but really, when you put that in the title of a thread youngsters are bound to read it. Please use another site.

*Locked*
Mariya

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan