Site Admin

RE: in the begining

Postby AdA YUi TSuKinO » Mon 02.07.2005 8:09 pm

;)
Sharme' Lenise Sciarra
AdA YUi TSuKinO

RE: Well, back to the topic...

Postby Sunny Pig » Fri 02.11.2005 11:28 pm

I would also suggest learning the kana (hiragana & katakana) first. Currently, I heard that the new system of Japanese teaching is where kana is taught to students within the first 2 weeks. Romaji is no longer been taught to students. It seems inevitable that romaji is going to be phased out in Japanese teaching.

Pronunciation of kana can be easily picked up from any Japanese audio sources, be it anime, J-pop, movies or any other thing you can get your hands on.

As for Kanji, I don't really have much advice to give. I learn Japanese entirely through self-study (In Japanese, I think its called 自学自習(じがくじしゅう). I just memorise Kanji, and I try to use Kanji whenever possible when I try to write a few lines of Japanese as practise. Some commonly used Kanji just get automatically memorised when I do that.

I would recommend "The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary" to help with Kanji learning. This dictionary gives detailed information about 2230 Kanjis, including all those in the 常用(じょうよう)list. It gives all the 訓読み(くんよみ), 音読み(おんよみ)and certain special readings. Many examples are shown in the form of commonly used compound words.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Sunny Pig on Fri 02.11.2005 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
現実は残酷だ!
Sunny Pig

Previous

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test