Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - MMORPGs

MMORPGs

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

MMORPGs

Postby Infidel » Sat 02.11.2006 2:23 am

Does anyone here play MMORPGs like EQ or Ultima Online?

Have you considered or tried it in Japanese?

I play EQ2 very often, and I'd like to play it in Japanese one day, but for now I just have to settle for playing in English.
Infidel

Native language: 英語

RE: MMORPGs

Postby ashitaka » Sat 02.11.2006 4:35 pm

the only mmorpg's i play are runescape and shadowworlds. i played a .hack online game in japanese and its alos in english. i forgot the link though ill try to find it
ashitaka

Postby Txkun » Sat 02.11.2006 6:28 pm

I played for almost an year with FFXI.
Too bad at that time I didn't know much japanese. I had to use the internal system to express a preset of sentenctes (not bad but too limited).
Anyway I'll always remember how playing with japanese players was a pleasure. Flawless, kind and brave. :D I remember fights were they could do a so good job I had no job to do ;) (I played as a white mage).
Too bad I decided not to play MMORPGs :D
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Postby Harisenbon » Sat 02.11.2006 8:57 pm

I used to play Japanese Ragarok with my wife, but I never really got into it.
Japanese Counter-Strike was always fun, but there would always be foreign bastards on the site clogging up the mike chat. They'd say stupid things like "猫が好き" or start singing "head shoulders knees and toes"in Japanese. Drove me bonkers, so I finally quit.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Infidel » Sun 02.12.2006 12:58 am

:o
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Takeo Saeki » Sun 02.12.2006 1:04 am

Japanese Counter-Strike was always fun, but there would always be foreign bastards on the site clogging up the mike chat. They'd say stupid things like "猫が好き" or start singing "head shoulders knees and toes"in Japanese. Drove me bonkers, so I finally quit.

I can't help but chuckle. :|
Last edited by Takeo Saeki on Sun 02.12.2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takeo Saeki

Postby angstycoder » Tue 02.14.2006 8:40 am

Playing FFXI in the past is what really got me interested. I worked odd hours, so grouped with Japanese quite frequently. I quit the game, however, when the company would not accomidate my colourblindness. In fact, they threatened to ban me if I changed the colour of the cursor, and would not give me any alternatives. I told them what they could do with their game, and that was that.

Currently, I'm a big fan of World of Warcraft (WoW)
angstycoder

Postby Damorith » Tue 02.14.2006 8:48 am

Played EQ1 for 3 years, tried EQ2 but moved to WoW. I am a mmorpg geek. I would try playing it in Japanese but I am afraid it would hurt me (in the game) more then it would help my japanese.
Damorith

Postby GyakuGirePanda » Tue 02.14.2006 9:36 am

ashitaka wrote:
the only mmorpg's i play are runescape and shadowworlds. i played a .hack online game in japanese and its alos in english. i forgot the link though ill try to find it

Please do. I'm a big .hack fan and I would love to play that game!! :)
GyakuGirePanda

Postby kanadajin » Tue 02.14.2006 9:42 am

Yea, i've tried Ragarok i didn't really play that much actually you might be able to find some here http://www.gameogre.com theres a ton of MMOG's and MMORPG's free and monthly pay.. But who likes to pay ;)
kanadajin

RE: Maple Story

Postby seiryuu » Wed 02.15.2006 6:47 pm

Do any of you people play MapleStory from the Wizet company? I play in the Scania world in MapleStory Global.

Does anyone know how to enter the registration form for Japanese MapleStory? I really want to play the Japanese version.

Goodbye!
seiryuu

Postby ashitaka » Thu 02.16.2006 11:24 pm

maplestory get boring after a while you need to pay some money to get good things but it is great for the begining. way to addictingthough
ashitaka

Postby Jim » Sat 02.18.2006 3:12 pm

Final Fantasy XI. It's what got me into learning a bit of Japanese. I use to just copy and paste japanese in romaji (i still use romaji in the game since you cant use hiragana) from a website with ffxi phrases translated in english and japanese, very helpful to getting japanese parties in the game, which was a rarity for me before hand, as the auto translator is pathetic and people use it more for joking around than actually translating :@

I've gotten a lot of help from some very genuine japanese players on my japanese, aswell.
Last edited by Jim on Sat 02.18.2006 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
私は日本語の大学生です, アイルランド人です
Jim

Postby jogumpie » Sat 02.18.2006 6:46 pm

I've played World of Warcraft, but I really don't like MMORPGs anymore. Take too much time and friends who also have it, want you to play as much as possible (and I have other things to do too...).
I've played another webbased MMORPG years ago: Kings of Chaos, it sucked really hard.
jogumpie

Postby ViciousXUSMC » Tue 04.18.2006 4:04 am

I am just about to quite WoW, its a great game but all online rpgs are too time demanding as you start to form a 2nd life... You find yoruself with more friends online than offline and it can start to cause problems, esp if you have kids, family, wife ect...

I played Ragnarok, fun game like the 2d theme hated the rare drops and economy I had 3 very high lvl chars and only found 1 good rare... also I hated the server it was incredibly laggy and made life as a hunter or wizard hard since I had to kite enemies that would randomly teliport instead of move at me due to lag spikes.

FFXI was the best game for graphics and music, was great that its intertwined with the rest of the world so often times I played with japanese people. The built in translator works very well for me I guess i just played too much and know how to use it. Economy sucked for my server tho and bad game in the fact you are forced to group and rely on your group so when your on late or by yourself you cant do anything even kill simple enemies for gold because you die, also the whole lvl = droprate system sucked. And losing xp when you die sucked too. I THINK i might still like this one the best but not sure.

WoW the contender for FFXI much more friendly, easy to lvl up, lots of interface mods and sutch so you would not get into trouble for chaning your crosshair ^^ great graphics and music but just not as good as FFXI to me, I have not seen the new weather effects they should have recent added since I have not played in about a month. Started off great but they are slowly breaking the game with things like battle grounds for pvp combat instead of random raids on towns. I prefer a player vs enemy type game over player vs player most of the time anyways keeps things more civil and friendly.

All 3 have there good points but I do recomend staying away from them ^^ each one took a good chunk of my life away.

I play Oblivion now and its a reallllly good 1 player RPG game and now I can quit and save when ever I need to and not worry about missing a raid, or a guild meeting or upseting friends for not being online ect..
ViciousXUSMC

Next

Return to General off topic