Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Need help sending a letter/package to Japan...

Need help sending a letter/package to Japan...

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Need help sending a letter/package to Japan...

Postby slayer01 » Fri 03.25.2005 2:18 pm

First off i'm new to the japanesepage.com so it's nice to meet you all. Second, I need help sending a letter/package to my penpal in Japan.
I looked at the "sending a letter" article on this website but I'm still a little confused. Specifically, I was wondering if I should just put the letter in the mailbox or if I should go to the post office and how I should write the address...
slayer01

RE: Need help sending a letter/package to Japan...

Postby clay » Fri 03.25.2005 2:27 pm

You need to know the right postage. If you are in the US, it is probably .80 for normal letters. But it is best to go to the post office if you are not sure.

Clay
clay
Site Admin

Postby Kodi » Sun 03.27.2005 11:21 am

im in the uk and i wud just go to the local post office and ask them there what i need to pay etc and to check for me. Just make sure you get the right adress. :)
Kodi

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 3:04 am

How's it going?

Well my friend sends me letters every week. I think she is over doing it because she places three stamps on it, but I personally would put two stamps on a letter and drop it in the mailbox. If it isn't enough, it'll return. Ne?

Either way, if it is a box.......go to the post office.

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Postby Kodi » Mon 03.28.2005 12:00 pm

i haven't posted a letter without going into the post office before haha. I don't do it often but I have posted stuff to germany and the US before with no problem. They always make sure I ahve enuf stamps. :)
Kodi

Return to Japanese General Discussion