Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What Do You Want to Do?

What Do You Want to Do?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

What Do You Want to Do?

Postby Jess » Thu 03.24.2005 2:48 pm

Ahem, before I begin smothering myself with more hirigana texts, how about a good conversation? Like, when one of us goes to Japan, what is the first thing any one of us would want to do? (Personally, if I'm of age, find out what sake tastes like!:p) Kidding (or am I?) B) But if I couldn't go get some sake, I'd go to the nearest book store and get lost! Anyone else care to share their Japanese Dream/Fantasy? :D
Last edited by Jess on Thu 03.24.2005 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jess

RE: What Do You Want to Do?

Postby Spaztick » Thu 03.24.2005 3:31 pm

See if I can't blend in at chuufurihin shop. Cheap stuff, and it's like new!
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby jarad » Thu 03.24.2005 4:03 pm

100 yen store for me!
jarad

Postby dreamingxashley » Thu 03.24.2005 5:38 pm

Go to Shibuyu (sp) and hang out for hours and hours. Go to a corny kareoke place just to see what its like, got to the Meiji Shrine, get lost in a bookstore (good one!). Go to Kansai, that huge airport they built out on the ocean, I think thats the name of it. And sight see! Oh and go to a bath house. hehe
--Ashley
dreamingxashley

Postby Datadog » Fri 03.25.2005 3:12 am

Depends on the city I'm visiting, but if it's Tokyo, I'd like to ride the rail and take a tour of the city first. Is the rail in Tokyo or am I thinking of someplace else? A vacation like that is something I'd rather not plan however. I find it's more fun to just wander around and ask the locals where all the fun stuff is. Often, they can tell you a lot more than any brochure.

I also wouldn't mind taking a bus tour of the Japanese countryside. They've got some gorgeous mountains over there.
Datadog

Postby Ady001 » Sat 03.26.2005 10:00 am

If you have oodles of money, Akihabara is definitely the place.
頑張らなくちゃ!
Ady001

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 3:17 am

The first thing I actually did when I got to Okinawa was very simple and direct. I went to eat! I had some good old Udon with a side order of Yasiitame (fried vegies with beef). Oishii! I tell you, Onakka Ippai!

As I'm a walking bag of hormones, the next thing I officially did was the next weekend we went looking for girls. Me and my partner in crime went down to the capital of the Okinawan Prefecture, Naha City, and hit up the clubs. All the while we did some street magic to the Okinawans. I had just came from spending the last three years of my life in Southern California. And over there, especcially L.A. and San Diego, when you go to a Hip Hop club you dress up. But over here it is the opposite. The Japanese younger crowds love the urban look. Well a section of them do. So me and my friends didn't fit in. Not one bit.

I haven't been to Tokyo yet, but I have a show there later this year. The first thing I want to do is go to Ginza and spend some hard earned Yen!

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Postby Vengeance » Mon 03.28.2005 1:50 pm

You haven't told us if you actually picked up any girls :P.
Vengeance

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 7:37 pm

B)

with what I do I have a certain image to uphold, know what I mean?;)

It would be highly inappropriate of myself, and un-gentleman-like, to ... .um let's say explain all my adventures in Japan. But I will say this much, I'm pretty popular with the ladies out here. :D I love Japan, and at times Japan loves me too! I talk a lot about this on my website.

Either way I'll share some of the pictures of my female friends. This is a picture of the girl I'm dating right now:

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 7:40 pm

These pictures were taken with the phone I bought out here from the company AU. It's a great tool, but I got the cheapest one they had so my pictures aren't the greatest.

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 7:48 pm

Her name is Natsuko. The kanji for her name is simple, it is the kanji for summer, Natsu, and then ko (as in kodomo, child). Which was easy to remember because my ex is Yuko and the other one was Shouko. It seems as ko is a popular last syllable in Japanese female names.

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 7:51 pm

I snapped this picture this morning. It is the beach down the hill from the base.

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 7:56 pm

This is the plate Natsuko made for me last night. I thought it was so cool how she prepared everything that I snapped a picture to remember it.

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Postby Ady001 » Tue 03.29.2005 1:39 am

Now that's some nice lookin' pictures...

Okinawa has a very different culture from the mainland of Japan. First, their dialect is quite unique, then they have that south song or what do you call it? Very much like Enka...

FYI: Most of the pre-war Japanese that came to my city were Okinawans
頑張らなくちゃ!
Ady001

Postby Smooth » Tue 03.29.2005 2:25 am

That is right. At first I didn't realize it all until the Mainland tourist started flying down here last month. Wow. From the way they say Arigato, Daijobu, Chigao, Iyada, etc.... the use of the suffix -yo as much as girls from Awase do. It's pretty cool because I've been able to pronounce the few words that I can say very close to how Okinawans say it.

So much so that I get complimented alot on just my Hatsuon even though I have sukoshi tango. I'm not sure if that is good any more because now when Mainland girls meet me they automatically think I've been in Okinawa for way too long. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. But being that there are so many Okinawan superstars in Tokyo I guess it is okay.

The Okinawans also have their own language called Hoogen, that I just found out about. I'm having as difficult a time trying to learn how to hold a simple conversation with Japanese as it is for me to try to learn Hoogen.

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Next

Return to Japanese General Discussion