Pardon my ignorance

The test - experiences, questions or comments
Smooth

Pardon my ignorance

Post by Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 3:27 am

I have never been afraid of asking questions, and I know that maybe, just maybe, I'm not the only person that is wondering this. And I know that if I do some research I could find out myself. But I'm hoping that this question could lead into a further indepth discussion of the subject at hand.

My question, in all its simplicity is, "What exactly is the Japanese Proficiency Test?"

By the name I can figure out what it is. I'm not that dense. But is the test a neccessity for school or....... you know. What is this test good for?

Just curious.

上の写真をクリクして

KRed

RE: Pardon my ignorance

Post by KRed » Mon 03.28.2005 9:14 am

Smooth wrote:
I have never been afraid of asking questions, and I know that maybe, just maybe, I'm not the only person that is wondering this. And I know that if I do some research I could find out myself. But I'm hoping that this question could lead into a further indepth discussion of the subject at hand.

My question, in all its simplicity is, "What exactly is the Japanese Proficiency Test?"

By the name I can figure out what it is. I'm not that dense. But is the test a neccessity for school or....... you know. What is this test good for?

Just curious.

It is a test to measure a person`s ability in Japanese. Well, a person`s receptive skills anyway. The test is split into 3 sections 1 Reading and grammar, 2 Kanji and vocabulary, 3 Listening.

The test is the most recognised qualification in Japanese that I know of. Some use it for entry to University, others use it for employment some use it to test their ability.

clay
Site Admin

Post by clay » Mon 03.28.2005 10:09 am

Yes, I just used it to test my ability. I write a little about my experience here:
http://www.thejapanesepage.com/readarticle.php?article_id=37

Sorry I guess I should post a sticky post on this section to explain.

Smooth

Post by Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 8:11 pm

That is great! You all just gave me another goal to aim at! I'm sleepy at work right now, but I'll be back with more questions.

上の写真をクリクして