Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Pardon my ignorance

Pardon my ignorance

The test - experiences, questions or comments

Pardon my ignorance

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 3:27 am

I have never been afraid of asking questions, and I know that maybe, just maybe, I'm not the only person that is wondering this. And I know that if I do some research I could find out myself. But I'm hoping that this question could lead into a further indepth discussion of the subject at hand.

My question, in all its simplicity is, "What exactly is the Japanese Proficiency Test?"

By the name I can figure out what it is. I'm not that dense. But is the test a neccessity for school or....... you know. What is this test good for?

Just curious.

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

RE: Pardon my ignorance

Postby KRed » Mon 03.28.2005 9:14 am

Smooth wrote:
I have never been afraid of asking questions, and I know that maybe, just maybe, I'm not the only person that is wondering this. And I know that if I do some research I could find out myself. But I'm hoping that this question could lead into a further indepth discussion of the subject at hand.

My question, in all its simplicity is, "What exactly is the Japanese Proficiency Test?"

By the name I can figure out what it is. I'm not that dense. But is the test a neccessity for school or....... you know. What is this test good for?

Just curious.

It is a test to measure a person`s ability in Japanese. Well, a person`s receptive skills anyway. The test is split into 3 sections 1 Reading and grammar, 2 Kanji and vocabulary, 3 Listening.

The test is the most recognised qualification in Japanese that I know of. Some use it for entry to University, others use it for employment some use it to test their ability.
KRed

Postby clay » Mon 03.28.2005 10:09 am

Yes, I just used it to test my ability. I write a little about my experience here:
http://www.thejapanesepage.com/readarticle.php?article_id=37

Sorry I guess I should post a sticky post on this section to explain.
clay
Site Admin

Postby Smooth » Mon 03.28.2005 8:11 pm

That is great! You all just gave me another goal to aim at! I'm sleepy at work right now, but I'll be back with more questions.

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test