Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - character profile

character profile

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

character profile

Postby CrazzyWarrior » Sun 02.26.2006 1:21 am

Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone who is making their own manga/anime can help me. i have a hard time developing a character. so do you have a character profile page/draft that you use when developing a character. i want something uniforminised as when i try and do a discription the details are all over. So do you have a profile page that you use when creating characters?
私の名前はセスです。
Watashi no namae ha seth desu.
[英訳] The ko (accumulated wisdom) of an old man is more precious than the ko (shell) of a tortoise.
「甲」と「劫」が同音であるところからできたことわざ。「劫」は極めて長い時間のことをいう。年長者の経験は尊ぶべきである。
CrazzyWarrior

RE: character profile

Postby Ongakuka » Sun 02.26.2006 8:32 am

It's probably a good idea to have a rough image in your head of how many characters with leading roles you want to have before you start. Take each character in turn, you can always base them on something to give them a bit of background spark. Draw them once, as simply as you can, then try to steadily upgrade their personality with detail and personal traits- which should formulate in your mind whilst drawing. When you're satisfied, start on the next character. Once you've finished, you should know everything about your characters, any detail which isn't confirmed by their appearance you can write down in their profile.
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby CrazzyWarrior » Mon 02.27.2006 12:12 am

Ongakuka wrote:
It's probably a good idea to have a rough image in your head of how many characters with leading roles you want to have before you start. Take each character in turn, you can always base them on something to give them a bit of background spark. Draw them once, as simply as you can, then try to steadily upgrade their personality with detail and personal traits- which should formulate in your mind whilst drawing. When you're satisfied, start on the next character. Once you've finished, you should know everything about your characters, any detail which isn't confirmed by their appearance you can write down in their profile.

For me i work the other way, i was wanting a page or ting that has a place for a character name, im not the one doing the art work i am developing the characters information and such, then my friend will take the info and turn it into a character then after a draft or two we get an idea then work out different aspects that i have seen or he has seen. but im not a very organised person so i need something to help me, i would write like

The character loves computers, was born in late April, maybe the 27th, girl, she is fluent in most languages dealing with computers, doesent have a boyfriend or any friends really, has glasses, book smart with computers...ect.

i need a form of some sort to help me organise the character, with sections like basic features, name age sex birthdate ect. background, plans for future, but i want to have a common sheet for all characters i make and im not good at making the form myself, so i am asking if you have one. i tried to google for one for like fantasy character profiles, profile sheets, character page, ect, but the results went giving me what i was wanting it to have, so if you have one you use(need an electronic copy) or know where i can find one online please let me know.

if you have more questions please ask i know it may be confusing up thier ^^
私の名前はセスです。
[英訳] The ko (accumulated wisdom) of an old man is more precious than the ko (shell) of a tortoise.
CrazzyWarrior

Postby CrazzyWarrior » Sat 03.04.2006 12:59 am

can anyone help?
私の名前はセスです。
CrazzyWarrior

Postby alex_2096 » Mon 03.06.2006 12:11 am

y dont you just set up a spreadsheet in excel or the like and make one yourself.
You seem to have a clear idea of what you want to have in you profile so it shouldnt be to difficult, then you have something that works for you.
I couple years ago i started on an rpg (on good 'ol RMXP), it wasnt to bad but it wasn't origional enough for me as i had borrowed to many ideas and resources from other places.
I think its better to have your own system for what you wanna do to make it truley yours.
alex_2096

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions