Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - boku no nihongo renshuu

boku no nihongo renshuu

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

boku no nihongo renshuu

Postby TrilinguisT » Mon 03.06.2006 11:44 am

sorry about the "ore no nihongo wa dou?" thread - i was just practicing my informal speech and had no idea of how rude it is to speak informally.. Gomennasai ..

yuube ni ame ga futteimashita kara, michi wa totemo nuretteimasu. konasa go ji gojuu fun ni okimashite, shawaa-shimashita. roku ji han ni baasu noriba he arukimashita. baasu wa mainichi osoi desu yo.

ima koukou ni imasu. koko no gakkou wa totemo hayai hajimemasu. nanaji juugo fun ni hajimemashita. boku no koukou no namae wa hen desu. "Tokay koukou" desu. soshite, boku no ichijikanme wa nihongo ichi no seito no TUTOR desu. yasashii desu yo. mainichi nanimo shimasen. boku no nihongo no sensei wa totemo shinsetsu de hen desu. ima nanji yonjuu ippun desu. ichijikanme hachi ji juukyuu ni owari desu.

rokujikanme ni boku no nihongo yon no kurasu desu. sensei wa shukudai wo ageru to tetsudaite onegaishimasu.

arigatou .:D
TrilinguisT

RE: boku no nihongo renshuu

Postby Harisenbon » Mon 03.06.2006 8:38 pm

You have a lot of spelling mistakes baasu = basu and whatnot, but I'm not sure if that's a result of typing in romaji or just a simple spelling mistake. If possible, I would recommend typing in kana, as it will make your posts easier to read.

konasa

こんあさ isn't a word. きょうのあさ or けさ would be better. Or just あさ. You also need a comma after it.

gojuu fun

じゅうふん X じゅっぷんO

shawaa-

しゃわあー X シャワー O

baasu noriba he arukimashita

バスのりば まで 歩きました。
I could be wrong on this, but when you use walk to somewhere, I think you need まで.

hayai hajimemasu

はやい X はやく O

nanaji juugo fun ni hajimemashita

Because you're talking about the situation of the school, and not a specific day/period in time, はじめます would be better than はじめました。

Tokay koukou

Minor nitpick. You shouldn't translate only half of the name. Either use 今日高校 or TodaySchool (or whatever school's name is).

soshite, boku no ichijikanme wa

This ぼくのいちじかんめ sounds strange to me. I know you can say just いちじかんめ and leave it at that, but adding ぼくの to it makes me think that you need to add のじゅぎょう at the end. I could be completely wrong on that, however. As for the reasoning, when you say 「いちじかんめは こくごです」 you are saying that first period is Japanese, when you add ぼくの to it, you are saying that your first period is Japanese. But the time period is not yours to have. WHen you add じゅぎょう to it, いちじかんめ and ぼく both become modifiers to じゅぎょう.

nihongo ichi no seito no TUTOR desu.

I'm not quite sure what this says. Does this mean that you are a tutor for the first grade Japanese students?

yasashii desu yo.

What is? The job? If so, らく might be better than やさしい

totemo shinsetsu de hen desu

Because these are conflicting ideas, I would use "but" rather than "and". Also, because it's rude to call someone strange, I would soften it by saying ちょっと
わたしのにほんごのせんせいは とてもしんせつけど,ちょっとへんです。

nanji yonjuu

なんじ (what time) X しちじ (7) O

ichijikanme

いちじかんめ

hachi ji juukyuu

はちじじゅうきゅうふん

rokujikanme ni boku no nihongo yon no kurasu desu.

ろくじかんめに X ろくじかんめは O
クラス sounds like your class (as in a group of students form the 3rd grade class) じゅぎょう is better for a single class/lesson, I think.

sensei wa shukudai wo ageru to tetsudaite onegaishimasu.

Are you saying that if the teacher gives you homework, that you want our help?

せんせいは しゅくだいを だしたら, てつだってください。
Because you are talking about the teacher giving you homework, あげる doesn't work, I don't think. くれる could work, but as you don't seem happy about getting the homework, I think だす is best. だしたら is the "if" form of だす. You also can't attach おねがいします to the end of a verb, in the same way that you can attach ください.

Much better than your first diary. =) Keep up the good work!
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Oracle » Mon 03.06.2006 9:10 pm

Harisenbon wrote:
。。。

Much better than your first diary. =) Keep up the good work!

Harisenbon has covered most of the mistakes. I should add that in Japanese the school day is actually divided up into 限 (gen = period ) and it sounds much more natural if you use 1限目 or 6限目rather than what you did in your "first hour" or "sixth hour"

1限目は日本語です。 etc etc
Last edited by Oracle on Mon 03.06.2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle

Native language: English

Postby TrilinguisT » Mon 03.06.2006 9:42 pm

hey thanks for the corrections.. and i didnt get any homework today -- goodness, and once again -- sorry for that ore no nihongo thread --

i was just expirementing with informals/casuals/heirachy speech.. Im only american and we just speak that way here in california - or at least where i live in cali.:D
TrilinguisT

Postby Harisenbon » Mon 03.06.2006 9:58 pm

Japanese the school day is actually divided up into 限 (gen = period ) and it sounds much more natural if you use 1限目 or 6限目rather than what you did in your "first hour" or "sixth hour"

That might be a regional thing. I know that all the schools I've ever worked at (as well as the schools I've attended) have all used 〜時間目. But then, I've never left central honshu. ;)
Harisenbon

Postby Oracle » Mon 03.06.2006 10:39 pm

Harisenbon wrote:
Japanese the school day is actually divided up into 限 (gen = period ) and it sounds much more natural if you use 1限目 or 6限目rather than what you did in your "first hour" or "sixth hour"

That might be a regional thing. I know that all the schools I've ever worked at (as well as the schools I've attended) have all used 〜時間目. But then, I've never left central honshu. ;)

Interesting! Found this : http://we.freeml.com/chousa/chousa-05.html

I went to high school and university in 石川県 . One of the posters in that link went to school there and they confirmed they use 限 , but in other places it's 時間 .. looks like it is a regional/school thing. I'd never even thought about it :o
Last edited by Oracle on Mon 03.06.2006 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle

Postby keatonatron » Tue 03.07.2006 3:48 am

Harisenbon wrote:
バスのりば まで 歩きました。
I could be wrong on this, but when you use walk to somewhere, I think you need まで.

You know, a funny thing about that... in Japanese, 歩く is not considered a moving verb. You can use it to say you walked around an area or walking was the method you used, but you can't actually use it to get you from point A to point B.

Therefore, 歩いて行った (walked and went) is correct.
keatonatron

Postby Oracle » Tue 03.07.2006 5:37 am

keatonatron wrote:
Harisenbon wrote:
バスのりば まで 歩きました。

You know, a funny thing about that... in Japanese, 歩く is not considered a moving verb. You can use it to say you walked around an area or walking was the method you used, but you can't actually use it to get you from point A to point B.

Therefore, 歩いて行った (walked and went) is correct.

There isn't really any problem with バス停まで歩きました. If it's using を then 歩く is exactly what you described, but 〜まで歩いた is perfectly natural Japanese.
Last edited by Oracle on Tue 03.07.2006 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 03.07.2006 7:43 am

Oracle,
Indeed.
公園を歩きました - I walked in the park
公園まで歩きました - I walked to the park

I knew that まで and を were both good, but I wasn't sure whether or not に was valid. 助詞 are unfortunately my weak point. :/
Harisenbon

Postby TrilinguisT » Sat 03.11.2006 12:38 am

so how was my nihongo.. ?
TrilinguisT

Postby keatonatron » Sat 03.11.2006 1:06 am

Really? My teacher went to great lengths to explain that you can't use 歩く to get somewhere. Now I wonder what she was talking about...
keatonatron

Postby TrilinguisT » Sat 03.11.2006 4:10 am

dude, thats not cool.. i ask how is my japanese and you guys are gonna debate about what can/cannot be used --- you guys are jacked i swear..
TrilinguisT

Postby TrilinguisT » Sat 03.11.2006 4:10 am

hey, can a mod please lock this? thanks....
TrilinguisT

Postby Infidel » Sat 03.11.2006 5:26 am

well it does apply to the original post, you did use aruku, so there is no derail yet. Harisenbon corrected you and keatosan addressed the correction. That in pretty standard forum behavior.

On the other hand, usually if a thread develops a little depth the OP doesn't complain that the thread is no longer about them.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Daisuke » Sat 03.11.2006 12:12 pm

Huh, what is happening here? I can't see why I should lock this thread..
Daisuke
Site Admin

Next

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)