Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The chat room

The chat room

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: The chat room

Postby aKuMu » Tue 03.07.2006 12:56 pm

so zeo is a coke drinking polar bear? :D ;)
or i go ask daisuke which one of the two on his avatar he is
Last edited by aKuMu on Tue 03.07.2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby Satoyaki » Tue 03.07.2006 1:07 pm

abadoned wrote:
so zeo is a coke drinking polar bear? :D ;)
or i go ask daisuke which one of the two on his avatar he is

not what i meant...

just try not to use someone of the opposite sex to represent yourself, it confuses small minds...(and tired people)

I use myself because no one else can adiquitly represent me
Satoyaki

Postby redfoxer » Tue 03.07.2006 1:08 pm

zeo's avatar is the coke drinking polar christmas bear :D legend!

i just wanted to post that the reason i havent been on recent is cos ive just got so much uni stuff to do. well its not just uni, its combinations of many things that have kept me off the internet. uni, part time job, and handling my social life is really time exhausting. also having actual JP classes means i can afford to spend less time on TJP but i still love TJP since it gives me the flexibility to learn what i wish to learn at the moment in time.

i still pop into chat now and again but i always get sidetracked and forget im on chat.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby Satoyaki » Tue 03.07.2006 1:24 pm

ignoirng me eh?
Satoyaki

Postby Ongakuka » Tue 03.07.2006 1:46 pm

:) Red, that image is hillarious! *Drops all his mastered Materia laughing*
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby Satoyaki » Tue 03.07.2006 1:49 pm

Ongakuka wrote:
:) Red, that image is hillarious! *Drops all his mastered Materia laughing*

*laughs even tho he's not sure which immage is funny*
Satoyaki

Postby Zeo » Tue 03.07.2006 3:42 pm

so zeo is a coke drinking polar bear?

:D

zeo's avatar is the coke drinking polar christmas bear :D legend!

:D:D
I just use it cause it looks qute^^, did that sound like i was a girl now?
So I don't know if people think I'm a girl out from my name, signature, avatar. The funny thing was once when I was in the chat, used the name Zeo then also, and someone asked me questions cause they thought I was a girl. When I said I was a man, well, the person didn't talk more to me after that. ^^

More On-topic:
As some said here, the gen chat is often with many people that isn't "that" interested in learning japanese. I remember when I started to go to the chat a long time ago. I was in the Japanese Chatroom all the time, I guess coco-san still remember that. I often didn't say much cause I was studying their convos, witch was in japanese of course, and I studied their convos alot. :p ^^ Learned tons that way. I Just sat there with a dictionary and had fun. ^^

Btw Red, genious sig. :D
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby Infidel » Tue 03.07.2006 4:30 pm

purple heart wrote:
What are you talking about?
-infidel(quoted)

exactly wot you quOted :D

What I quoted from your last message had nothing whatsoever to do with the words you quoted from mine. And you write like a 12 year old. Stop randomly purposfully mispelling and capitalizing. This isn't a gaming forum full of people that are impressed by deliberately mispelling and miscapitalizing words. And try to have your words apply to what you quote in some obvious way.

There's absolutely nothing to take offense about my first post unless you are one of those losers that wants to go to Japan because the girls are "easy" and you can't get a girl wherever you live or you are one of those losers that think Anime is a "large part" of Japanese culture.

Well there is one other type of loser. The ones that insert into every conversation with a/s/l? This is a Japanese discussion chatroom not a cyber chatroom. Every time someone asks me that question I get an image of a 40 year old overweight ..... guy typing .... handed pedophyle stalker. - edited for overly discriptive imagery.

Zeo wrote: I just use it cause it looks qute^^, did that sound like i was a girl now?
So I don't know if people think I'm a girl out from my name, signature, avatar. The funny thing was once when I was in the chat, used the name Zeo then also, and someone asked me questions cause they thought I was a girl. When I said I was a man, well, the person didn't talk more to me after that. ^^

That's alright. I get called a her every once in a while because of my avatar. What's funny is I never thought of it as female when I got it, I just wanted an avatar that enbodied 質問
Last edited by Infidel on Tue 03.07.2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Ongakuka » Tue 03.07.2006 4:30 pm

Well, if it makes you feel more comfortable, I always thought of you as a guy, ZeoB)

*laughs even tho he's not sure which immage is funny*

Look below RedFoxer's normal sig, you'll see an anti-double poster icon which I find really funny

Anyway, the more time you spend in chat, the more you know about which kind of people you should you be chatting to. Try not to get put off by a couple of idiots trying to show off.:D
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby kanadajin » Tue 03.07.2006 5:11 pm

Yea I agree with you sukebe uchujin That chat room hasen't been what it used to.. I don't know if its general chat or the whole chat room but Everytime I go on no one seems to want to study Japan their just talking about random stuff even on the chat in japanese room..
kanadajin

Postby coco » Tue 03.07.2006 6:14 pm

redfoxer wrote:
Lol i saw the image below and thought of TJP.

:D :D
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby Sachi » Tue 03.07.2006 7:26 pm

Awesome sig, redfoxer :)

Perhaps we should make a male/female option for TJP profiles to avoid confusion? :p Heh ^^;

Back on topic: I think I used the chatroom once, and no one seemed interested too much in Japanese... I didn't use the Japanese chatroom because I'm still (and was waaaaaay more back then) a beginner. Oh, well. The forums are still nice :)
Sachi

Postby Takeo Saeki » Tue 03.07.2006 7:31 pm

I would probably go to the chatroom (although I normally dislike such things, but I like everything on TJP so far, so maybe), but I, like Sachi, am still too much of a beginner in Japanese.

Oh, and Zeo, I always knew you were male too. I could just tell. :)
Takeo Saeki

Postby Oni » Tue 03.07.2006 9:03 pm

It does highly depend on the time of day. When I am in the chat room, usually for hours at a time, I see the chat room fill up with peeps and then drop down to...me and then fill up again. Sometimes those people are there to learn, sometimes not. So do keep trying. You just need to find the right time of day. :)

I, like Sachi, am still too much of a beginner in Japanese.

Now, now, don't be shy. ;) I won't shun you just because you're beginning.
Oni

Postby Tegan » Tue 03.07.2006 9:24 pm

I also find it all depends on the time of day you go in.

I didn't use the Japanese chatroom because I'm still (and was waaaaaay more back then) a beginner.

I'm a beginner too but I find going in the "Chat in Japanese" room helps a lot even if you're only watching and people are really helpful there! You should try it sometime:)
Tegan

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic