Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The chat room

The chat room

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: The chat room

Postby ss » Tue 03.07.2006 9:34 pm

Oni wrote :
Now, now, don't be shy. I won't shun you just because you're beginning.

Hrmmm.... Oni san, u feel dizzy too ...... :D
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby Sachi » Tue 03.07.2006 9:38 pm

Tegan wrote:
I also find it all depends on the time of day you go in.

I didn't use the Japanese chatroom because I'm still (and was waaaaaay more back then) a beginner.

I'm a beginner too but I find going in the "Chat in Japanese" room helps a lot even if you're only watching and people are really helpful there! You should try it sometime:)

Hmm, thanks for the advice ^^ I always found it kind of intimidating (heheh ;)) for some reason, but now that I've learned a lot more, I think I'll manage, ne? ;) Haha!
Sachi

Postby redfoxer » Tue 03.07.2006 10:09 pm

it does indeed vary with time on the chat room. usually whenever im on, i always try and keep the peace aswell as general chat with everyone and helping any new beginners on their way! we were all beginners once. spread the knowledge!
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby Christian_ » Tue 03.07.2006 10:37 pm

I'd also like to say
a lot
of people use the chat room for just stupid anime stuff and video games. The looking for japanese girl friends thing is kind of weird too. There seems to be way too many people using it for the wrong reasons. Ive always wondered if their was a way maybe active posters like everyone here could maybe be made a bit different or something. There seems to be Registered Members:
and theres only about 20 people I could say that actively use the fourm. Maybe there could be some kind of a test to set apart people in their Japanese ability, I know people like me and sachi and a few other people are still begginers but it doesnt have to be a major test, maybe just a kana/particle/20 kanji test to see if we are actually studying japanese or at least just using the fourm and putting things up that actually help people. Instead of being one of the 10,000 anime fans registered on the site, And does anybody know if all those members bog the site down? Maybe you could make a 90- day re-login period to save their account if they dont re-login it could be deleted,( I think thats plenty fair.) just some questions/complaints/comments. Oh yeah maybe people could use their accounts to log in so not so many people end up using the chat.
Goals:
1) Have decent proficiency in Japanese, enough to get around/talk/read/write.
2) Visit Japan for a week or so one summer.
Christian_

Postby Satoyaki » Wed 03.08.2006 11:07 am

I've never used the chatroom myself
Satoyaki

Postby amego » Wed 03.08.2006 12:36 pm

Zeo wrote:
When I said I was a man, well, the person didn't talk more to me after that. ^^

Lol me too B)

Zeo wrote:
I just use it cause it looks qute^^, did that sound like i was a girl now? ^^

My sig is there for this purpose ;)
↓ ↓ ↓
Last edited by amego on Wed 03.08.2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amego

Postby aKuMu » Wed 03.08.2006 12:46 pm

amego wrote:
Zeo wrote:
When I said I was a man, well, the person didn't talk more to me after that. ^^

Lol me too B)

Zeo wrote:
I just use it cause it looks qute^^, did that sound like i was a girl now? ^^

My sig is there for this purpose ;)
↓ ↓ ↓

but i doubt the ones who are asking these kind of stuff are able to read that :D
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby redfoxer » Wed 03.08.2006 2:07 pm

*rant warning*

lol so many people (usually kids around the ages of 13) tend to look for "hot girls" online. one person started pm'ing me thinkin i was female (i dont understand how people think im a female...sure im chatty...and my names pretty ambigous....but they always start hitting on me. heh, jokes on them) and i told him i wasnt a female. he goes why did i choose my name to be foxy....i was like....errr cant you read??? how does foxer resemble anything near female and hot, looking for a 13 year old male, so they can hit on me and be rude. Those kids need to go outside....

*rant over*

simple thing to do, ignore them. they are the sad ones looking for dates online. on a japanese page asking why people are speaking another language. just ignore them.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby Karioannah » Wed 03.08.2006 3:54 pm

Harisenbon wrote:
I think my favorite PM session went like this
Him: Hi. Are you from Japan?
Me: I live in Japan, yes.
Him: How old are you?
Me: umm.. 25, why?
Him: Girl?
Me: No. Why?
Me: Hello?
Me: Hello?
:D

Yes, I get that a lot, and they all want o talkt o me because I'm half asain, so aparently that means you can't tell I'm not and Geeze...I'm in the chatroom right now and all they're talkign about is anime...**YAWN**
It\'s my life... but you are -.w.e.l.c.o.m.e.- to t.r.y it sometime...
Karioannah

Postby Satoyaki » Thu 03.09.2006 10:56 am

You dislike anime?
Satoyaki

Postby Daisuke » Thu 03.09.2006 11:48 am

Satoyaki wrote:
You dislike anime?

I don't know if she dislikes anime, but some people (mostly kids) likes Japan only because of anime. But there are so many other things in Japanese culture.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Satoyaki » Thu 03.09.2006 3:40 pm

IC.

Anyway I was in the chatroom for the first time today and i found it to be quite pleasant. I met someone new and discussed differences between the areas we live in.
Satoyaki

Postby Daisuke » Thu 03.09.2006 5:54 pm

Satoyaki wrote:
IC.

Anyway I was in the chatroom for the first time today and i found it to be quite pleasant. I met someone new and discussed differences between the areas we live in.

I am glad you had a pleasant time. :)

It's just that some people has other experiences. I have also had many nice times even in general chat. ;)
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Satoyaki » Tue 03.21.2006 4:27 pm

Daisuke wrote:
Satoyaki wrote:
IC.

I am glad you had a pleasant time. :)

It's just that some people has other experiences. I have also had many nice times even in general chat. ;)
Last edited by Satoyaki on Wed 03.22.2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satoyaki

Postby TokyoRoze » Tue 03.21.2006 4:37 pm

Daisuke wrote:
Satoyaki wrote:
You dislike anime?

I don't know if she dislikes anime, but some people (mostly kids) likes Japan only because of anime. But there are so many other things in Japanese culture.

AKA Otaku kids....grr i dislike em
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic