Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The chat room

The chat room

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: The chat room

Postby AJBryant » Tue 03.21.2006 5:41 pm

Satoyaki, this may just be me -- but can you get rid of the obnoxious political images, please?

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby Zeo » Tue 03.21.2006 6:08 pm

Yeah... I don't see the point in your message here Satoyaki?
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby TokyoRoze » Tue 03.21.2006 6:12 pm

I was pondering it as well, there is no point to it what so ever
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

Postby Seijiro Hiko » Tue 03.21.2006 6:36 pm

I think a point some have being trying to make here is: an anime infatuation should not be confused with love of Japanese Culture and Language. (Although it can help contribute to it)....I'd say I agree with them. Try not to get to cross with the anime fans because they can come to realize that Japanese culture is alot more than just anime;)

I also like Japanese History particularly the 戦国時代 (sengoku era) and 明治時代 (meiji era)

The Code of Bushido and the sheer discipline and honor that is carried by its followers was particularly fascinating to me. (Call me a Romantic)

:p I opted not to have an avatar solely because of this confusion and any implications it might send to others. :p

I usually hate chatrooms in general because of asl and the endless waves of incomprehensable chat jargon.
hmm...might have to check out what the chat section like now....

what's with the president dancing in a tutu?:o
Last edited by Seijiro Hiko on Tue 03.21.2006 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seijiro Hiko

Postby Daisuke » Wed 03.22.2006 3:40 pm

AJBryant wrote:
Satoyaki, this may just be me -- but can you get rid of the obnoxious political images, please?

Tony

Hmm, I removed the picture, sorry I was not around before.

I don't understand what the meaning was with it tho'..
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Satoyaki » Thu 03.23.2006 11:22 am

TokyoRoze wrote:

exactly, posting things such as this in a php forum like this one is called "spamming"

the only piont is fun.

(it was nothing political, I just thought that dancing george bush was the silliest thing i could possibly respond with)
Satoyaki

Postby richvh » Thu 03.23.2006 11:56 am

The other day when someone went "asl" on me, I answered "Well, I haven't done any ASL (American Sign Language) since college, and it's a little hard to do in a text-only environment, anyway", and when he came back "no, ur age, location and gender", I answered "Well, Ur is several thousand years old and in Iraq, but I don't think cities have a gender."
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Roronoa Zoro » Thu 03.23.2006 12:02 pm

Seijiro Hiko wrote:
I think a point some have being trying to make here is: an anime infatuation should not be confused with love of Japanese Culture and Language. (Although it can help contribute to it)....I'd say I agree with them. Try not to get to cross with the anime fans because they can come to realize that Japanese culture is alot more than just anime;)

I also like Japanese History particularly the 戦国時代 (sengoku era) and 明治時代 (meiji era)

The Code of Bushido and the sheer discipline and honor that is carried by its followers was particularly fascinating to me. (Call me a Romantic)

:p I opted not to have an avatar solely because of this confusion and any implications it might send to others. :p

i do not totally agree with you, anime is part of japanese culture as sumo or kabuki ,so you must tolerate those who like anime

I usually hate chatrooms in general because of asl and the endless waves of incomprehensable chat jargon.
hmm...might have to check out what the chat section like now....

what's with the president dancing in a tutu?:o
影国___________あなたの前の私の中心はすぐに吠える、 それは私の愛の示す...
Roronoa Zoro

Postby keatonatron » Thu 03.23.2006 12:32 pm

Satoyaki wrote:
You dislike anime?

It's not really a matter of whether they like anime or not... It's just a really boring topic to talk about. It's a TV show--It doesn't change (aside from plot), it's not something you can get better at, there's no technique to watching it... I don't understand how people can talk about it so much.

1:So who's your fave anime char???
2:Blue fairy killer boy
1:o rly? I loooooove him!!!! But I really like pinky pink pink fairy poo.
2:yea, that's cool too!! did you see the episode where they were almost defeated, then weren't?
1:yeah, u?
2:yeah. it was great.
1:sure was
2:so......
1:yeah....
2:if you could be an anime char, who would you be???
1:o, totally green dust buster bunny!
2:that's cool!
1:did you see the episode where they met that guy who... almost defeated them, then didn't?
2:yeah, u?
1:yeah. it was great.

This is what I imagine the chat to be like. Even if I liked anime... how could I care about crap like this?
Last edited by keatonatron on Thu 03.23.2006 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keatonatron

Postby Daisuke » Thu 03.23.2006 6:52 pm

Satoyaki wrote:
TokyoRoze wrote:

exactly, posting things such as this in a php forum like this one is called "spamming"

the only piont is fun.

(it was nothing political, I just thought that dancing george bush was the silliest thing i could possibly respond with)

What did it mean in reply to my post anyway?

keatonatron
This is what I imagine the chat to be like.

That's how most of the chats go.. :p .. Don't ask how boring it can be moderating in there.. -_-
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby kanadajin » Thu 03.23.2006 6:59 pm

it confuses small minds...(and tired people)
Lol, well When your tired you still shouldn't be making mistakes like that. SOME people are just really weird.

I mean let's say I had a picture of a female for my display picture, and it said "this is me" On the picture. I would understand if someone thought I was a woman. But if I had an animated picture of a female or a picture of a female with no relation to me, no one should think I am a female.
Last edited by kanadajin on Thu 03.23.2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanadajin

Postby AJBryant » Thu 03.23.2006 7:24 pm

But if I had an animated picture of a female or a picture of a female with no relation to me, no one should think I am a female

Actually, I come from a board tradition where one's avatar speaks of one -- either a photo of oneself, one's heraldic doobies, whatever. Cross-gender avatars weird me out. ;)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby Satoyaki » Mon 03.27.2006 11:43 am

kanadajin wrote:
it confuses small minds...(and tired people)
Lol, well When your tired you still shouldn't be making mistakes like that. SOME people are just really weird.

I mean let's say I had a picture of a female for my display picture, and it said "this is me" On the picture. I would understand if someone thought I was a woman. But if I had an animated picture of a female or a picture of a female with no relation to me, no one should think I am a female.

people who are forghien to forums or the internet will always expect you to be the person in the picture, i am, I can't imagine using a pic of someone else (unless you're unbearably ugly) and yet at the smae time I seem to be the only one not afraid to show my face.
Satoyaki

Postby keatonatron » Mon 03.27.2006 11:59 am

AJBryant wrote:
Actually, I come from a board tradition where one's avatar speaks of one -- either a photo of oneself, one's heraldic doobies, whatever. Cross-gender avatars weird me out. ;)

For some reason, when I see someone with an avatar of a super model or some really attractive girl, I'm pretty positive it's a guy. However, whenever I see someone with a cartoon or computer generated pic, I always assume they are the same gender (perhaps that animated person is how they see themselves in the computer world?).

Maybe it stems from the feeling that attraction to pictures of beautiful women is normal, whereas attraction to pictures of cartoons/computer generated people is far from. Since they can't be attracted to that pic, it must be how they see themselves!

..is my reasoning anyway.
keatonatron

Postby Txkun » Mon 03.27.2006 12:10 pm

Lol that reminds me of the countless people I scared when I was playing with Final Fantasy XI with a mithra (a cat girl)... ahah I remember 1000+ posts in forums about how gay were the men that used a mithra as a character. Just wanting to see something cute on the screen isn't a valid excuse? :D
Txkun

Native language: Italian

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic