Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kanji Web Game

Kanji Web Game

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

RE: Kanji Web Game

Postby Tegan » Mon 03.27.2006 2:39 am

I completed level 1 and don't have level 2 riddles. I think IkimashoZ just hasn't made those riddles yet. However, perhaps I am wrong and speaking out of line to try and answer for him. I'll wait on an answer too.:D
Tegan

Postby IkimashoZ » Mon 03.27.2006 2:43 am

I haven't added them yet. >_<
Sorry.

natemb wrote:
This game is cool, and therefore you are cool for making it!

^_^

One bug: I just gained level 2, and went to the vocab page, and this is what it looks like:

Level 2 ( 四 , 五 , 六 , 百 )

Level 1 ( 四 , 五 , 六 , 百 )

#1 acq drummers drumming (answer censored)
#2 acq coming-of-age (answer censored)
#3 inc playstation bits
etc.

The strange things being that the level 2 kanji are now listed (in parentheses) after both 2 and 1, and also I don't see any level 2 riddles... Do I not get the level 2 riddles until I've completed all of the level 1 riddles?

This problem should be fixed. Another misplaced variable... I'm really bad about that.
Last edited by IkimashoZ on Mon 03.27.2006 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ist das einen Kanji, dass ich gefunden habe??
IkimashoZ

Postby IkimashoZ » Mon 03.27.2006 2:56 am

I'm going to head home from work pretty soon. And, to be honest, I'm quite programmed out, as I've been doing it all day. I think I will take tonight to myself, hang out with friends or something, and tomorrow I will get status transfer up... and MAYBE the store. Not sure.

Thanks for the help, everyone! Feel free to keep playing. I'll post here if I plan on dumping the database, but for now, I think it can stay the way it is. Also, if you want a huge kanka and turn boost so that you can do more playtesting, let me know.

I'll make sure my e-mail address on my profile here is up to date.
IkimashoZ

Postby Tegan » Mon 03.27.2006 3:09 am

I'm going to head home from work pretty soon.

It's still weird to hear people saying, "I'm going to head home from work here soon," when I'm currently thinking, "I should be getting to bed now that its 2 am..." Time change messes with the brain...:o

And, to be honest, I'm quite programmed out, as I've been doing it all day. I think I will take tonight to myself, hang out with friends or something, and tomorrow I will get status transfer up... and MAYBE the store. Not sure.

Sounds good. Don't let the game become something you're forced to do. It's fun to play, thanks for putting it up! :D
Tegan

Postby CajunCoder » Mon 03.27.2006 6:17 am

Interesting, I'll be sure to check it out in the morning. Too late at the moment though, I need some rest...

Btw, where've you been? You should get on MSN more often.
CajunCoder

Postby richvh » Mon 03.27.2006 7:47 am

When I tried to register, I got this message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: str2lower() in /home/linguiq/public_html/kanji/clsRegistrationPage.php on line 61
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby IkimashoZ » Mon 03.27.2006 9:26 am

richvh wrote:When I tried to register, I got this message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: str2lower() in /home/linguiq/public_html/kanji/clsRegistrationPage.php on line 61

I fixed that. Sorry. I'm really bad about remembering names of functions and variables. It should work now. I made a test account and it went into the database just fine. Also, I changed the id codes to be 3 characters long, since some of them, even in all lowercase letters seem to go over the space limit.

CajunCoder wrote:Btw, where've you been? You should get on MSN more often.

Yeah, I've been pretty incommunicado recently. I found myself a boyfriend. He's on vacation in Korea right now and there aren't any classes to teach, so I've had a lot of free time.
Last edited by IkimashoZ on Mon 03.27.2006 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
IkimashoZ

Postby Sachi » Mon 03.27.2006 11:52 am

New people, hurrah :D
Sachi

Postby natemb » Mon 03.27.2006 8:15 pm

IkimashoZ wrote:
This problem should be fixed. Another misplaced variable... I'm really bad about that.

Yes, it's fixed! Thank you!

Edit: another bug report (maybe):
I tried to make a combo on the Shipworld map to solve riddle #9. I thought it should be 404, so I tried to combine 四,百, and 四 (よんひゃくよん). I get the message, "specified kanji are not correct." Am I just wrong about the answer?
Last edited by natemb on Mon 03.27.2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natemb

Postby IkimashoZ » Mon 03.27.2006 8:32 pm

I'm currently working on adding status transfer. If you get any errors it's because, for the time being, I'm working on the files. I'll post again when I'm done.

Okay, status transfer -should- be working correctly. Please let me know if you run into any problems. Also, figuring out what effect a transfer should have is fairly complex. Please see the instructions section of the site for an explanation of how it works.

[[edit]]
btw, this means that I'm done working on the code, so any errors you get now are unexpected and should be reported.

[[another edit]]
oh yeah, if you can think of any riddles for level 2, please send me an email or PM me. Suggestions are very welcome.
Last edited by IkimashoZ on Tue 03.28.2006 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
IkimashoZ

Previous

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips