Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Exactly how important is this test

Exactly how important is this test

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: Exactly how important is this test

Postby Ouji-wa-no-Yomi-Bara » Thu 04.06.2006 5:08 pm

I am thinking of just getting a waitressing job or something to make ends meet at first. XD I am not wanting to be a rocket scientist or whatever, just get a small job to pay for college. When I have a japanese degree, I will try to get a better job. So, I suppose I should get cracking on the JLPT. ;d
平利平利と悲しげ舞うメイヨシノには会われる
穢れは目知多糜爛のつきとおうとのよる抉り取れ
おぼえているのでしょう?
Ouji-wa-no-Yomi-Bara

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 04.06.2006 9:57 pm

I am thinking of just getting a waitressing job or something to make ends meet at first.

No offense, but getting a waitressing job might actually be harder for you than the alternative (teaching english). Why would an employer choose you over a native Japanese speaker? Now, if you were working at an English-themed restaraunt or something, it may be different.
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Ouji-wa-no-Yomi-Bara » Thu 04.06.2006 10:24 pm

;/ I suppose you're right..I really want to move there, but I won't have a degree in time. You see, the person I live with is getting transfered, and I couldn't live here on my own, so I am moving with her. I have no other choice then to take whatever is offered to me.
Last edited by Ouji-wa-no-Yomi-Bara on Thu 04.06.2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
平利平利と悲しげ舞うメイヨシノには会われる
穢れは目知多糜爛のつきとおうとのよる抉り取れ
おぼえているのでしょう?
Ouji-wa-no-Yomi-Bara

Postby colind » Thu 04.06.2006 11:13 pm

In regards to entry into a Japanese Uni, some Universitys no longer use the JLPT as an entrance requirement. Instend they use a test called "Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students" (EJU) or in Japanese 日本留学試験. This test is run twice a year and is more specifically created for testing if a student is capable at studying at a Japanese Uni.
http://www.jasso.go.jp/eju/index_e.html
colind

Previous

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test