Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN!!!

FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN!!!

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN!!!

Postby Caneius9 » Thu 05.04.2006 12:33 am

That movie rocks my socks off...
:o:o:o
Just thinking about it is making me twitch.
anybody have the soundtrack yet? Is it good?
Caneius9

Postby PandanoTake » Thu 05.04.2006 1:31 am

i saw it waaay back. and it just came out. come out from under that rock.
エド より
PandanoTake

Postby Machina Maw » Thu 05.04.2006 2:57 am

Saw it ages ago. I love it. I have the Japanese version, and my bestfriend just told me that both the Japanese and English versions have been released in Australia ^___^ Americans will probably have to wait longer, poor people B).
Machina Maw

Postby Pianogirl123 » Sat 05.13.2006 8:42 pm

I LOVE AC!!! the only issue I have with this movie is
1. no one gets cut.
2. Cloud is a total screen hog.

it's the movie i've ever seen to have an action scene on motorcycles... other movies have people sword fight while on flying / moving / sinking objects which are cool, and car / motorcycle chases which are mediocre, but sword fighting while riding motorcycles is something only final fantasy people are allowed to do.
Pianogirl123

Postby Reno » Fri 05.19.2006 6:59 am

No doubt it was a great movie, the story is so good U have to see it loads of times to fully understand it though if u havent played FFVII like myself :P. Absolutely a good movie, im gonna go watch it again now!
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Datadog » Sat 05.20.2006 6:07 pm

I just bought it myself a couple weeks ago and it's now one of my biggest influences in my work. The animation and action sequences just rock my socks off and the last 45 minutes (everything from his chat with Vincent to the final shot) qualifies as some of the best action movie filmmaking I've seen in a while.

My only gripe with it is that you really do need to play FF7 to get the full effect of the story. I watched it with some friends and the whole Jenova sub-plot confused them big-time. As a stand-alone film, they got confused when all the sidekicks showed up and one of them was a kitty with a crown for some reason.

Otherwise, I actually think this made the original game better in my opinion. All the problems I had with the game were answered in the movie, and I now fully appreciate the idea of Sephiroth as one of the best villains ever made.

Right now, I've got a couple "Advent Children" AMVs in the words. Figure I'll submit them to an anime contest in town later this summer.
Don't put the baby in the bulldozer.
Datadog

Postby Anime_Guitarist » Thu 05.25.2006 1:27 pm

I saw it twice (once at AWA, once at MTAC). I'd never played the game and I had no clue who the characters were, but I still loved it. It made more sense the second time I watched it. Each time I watched it, it started around midnight and by the time it was done I was so tired... It was still awesome.

How incredibly insane I am:
The first time I watched it, they ran out of seats so I was standing the entire time or leaning against a wall and I couldn't always see the subtitles. And this was at midnight till two o'clock in the morning and I'd never even played the game.
^_^
Anime_Guitarist

Previous

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions