Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese crimes and criminal punishment

Japanese crimes and criminal punishment

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Japanese crimes and criminal punishment

Postby Takeo Saeki » Sun 05.07.2006 2:23 am

I am very curious to know about this.

In Japan, how severe is criminal punishment? What is the minimum and maximum length of prison time? Do they seek the death penalty? And if so, what are the methods of execution? And for what crimes? What are the differences between breaking American law and breaking Japanese law? And what are the differences in punishment for that crime, no matter how severe or tame? Like, you know, vandalism, murder, attempted murder, breaking and entering, assault, embezzlement, harassment, rape, terrorist activity, drug trafficking, human trafficking, illegal drug possession, possession of stolen property, vehicular homicide, fraud, identity theft, littering, murder for hire, arson, car theft, burglary, armed robbery, medical malpractice, child molestation, kidnapping, hit-and-run car accidents, and anything and everything else that I have left out? Obviously I do not intend to commit any of these crimes, but I do believe that it will be necessary to know when I am in Japan.
Takeo Saeki

RE: Japanese crimes and criminal punishment

Postby coco » Sun 05.07.2006 2:41 am

"Does Japan have capital punishment?" thread would be one of the answer of your question, I think.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: Japanese crimes and criminal punishment

Postby Takeo Saeki » Sun 05.07.2006 2:46 am

Doumo arigatou for the link, coco-san! :D
Last edited by Takeo Saeki on Sun 05.07.2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takeo Saeki

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan