Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Games which are made into films.

Games which are made into films.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Games which are made into films.

Postby Takeo Saeki » Mon 05.08.2006 2:44 am

LOL Indeed.
Takeo Saeki

Postby redfoxer » Mon 05.08.2006 4:32 am

Mario was made into a film. With that wierd cobweb sorta thing going on. And the ba-bombs were like these tiny little toys. lol. don't remember much of it but it was pretty cheesy.

Pokemon, from what i know, was a game spawned anime series. It was a game created by some japanese guy who had a massive hobby of collecting bugs in real life in which he decided would make a fun game. Then they "animized" it. lol.

And the pac man film, contrary to popular belief that it is a joke/spoof trailer, is an actual film in production. lol. yes very cheesy. but i think its just one of those joke films like scary movie where its only there to laugh at. I had more details on it but im at college computers so i cant get the link.

Im sorry that im bad with facts. My crap memory does not serve me well. lol

-red
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby aKuMu » Mon 05.08.2006 5:02 am

the mario movie was from 1993.

well. most if not ALL game->movie adopts are just lame.

doom? lame as hell
resident evil? it had to be HORROR and not a 3rd class action movie.
final fantasy the spirits within? ok it was kind of lame and it was nothing final fantasy like but it was ok when you watched it a few times :D
advent children was awesom. but i think its only cool if you know and have played ff7.
ah yes theres final fantasy unlimited, but thats a series not a movie.

im currently waiting for the movie silent hill to hit the theaters here in germany (i hope its ok)

Somewhere i read that Metal Gear Solid is going to have a real-movie adoption. but a hollywood thingy.

Honestly i thinkg it will be another flop. Especially because it its a hollywood movie.
theyre going to put in aloooot of money for special effects (zZZzZz) and what not. but the movie remains lame.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby Machina Maw » Mon 05.08.2006 5:32 am

aKuMu wrote:
advent children was awesom. but i think its only cool if you know and have played ff7.

I saw it without ever having played FFVII, and I got it perfectly. Mind you, most FF storylines are all extemely complex and I spent a whole night reading up about Jenova and Shin-Ra and this and that on Wikipedia :p

aKuMu wrote:
im currently waiting for the movie silent hill to hit the theaters here in germany (i hope its ok)

Aye. I was always too scared to play SH much but I watched my sister play it heaps. So I am also waiting impatiently for the movie to come out ^___^
Machina Maw

Previous

Return to General off topic