Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - do you watch other cartoons like powerpuff girls and....

do you watch other cartoons like powerpuff girls and....

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

do you watch other cartoons like powerpuff girls and....

Postby Ebuka Valentine Nrialike » Thu 05.04.2006 1:05 pm

other cartoon you see on channels like Megas on toonami, powerpuff girls on cartoons network and others. but i stumbled across this website that anime-ized some of those cartoons and created a comic,
go to this site!! http://www.snafu-comics.com
۞..::۩[<>~Ebuka~<>]۩::..۞
Ebuka Valentine Nrialike

RE: do you watch other cartoons like powerpuff girls and....

Postby zengargoyle » Thu 05.04.2006 1:07 pm

PowerPuff girlz rawk!
zengargoyle

Postby Kates » Thu 05.04.2006 1:31 pm

I love "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends." ^_^ And "Avatar" rocks, too. And "The Simpsons," of course. Those are the only American cartoons I really bother following these days.
Kates

Postby zengargoyle » Thu 05.04.2006 1:40 pm

Coco???
:D:D:o:p:)
zengargoyle

Postby Zeo » Thu 05.04.2006 3:08 pm

Wow zengargoyle, you're an artist! :D

other catoons i watch? I don't got time to watch anything these days :D

I'm going to see 24 now, though that aint a cartoon. :D
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby jinksys » Thu 05.04.2006 4:28 pm

Zeo wrote:
Wow zengargoyle, you're an artist! :D

other catoons i watch? I don't got time to watch anything these days :D

I'm going to see 24 now, though that aint a cartoon. :D

zen didnt draw that ~_~
Hello? Internets?
jinksys

Postby Kyuriko » Thu 05.04.2006 7:47 pm

I watch American cartoons all the time. Sometimes I watch them because I want to take a break from anime. My all-time favorite is of course Dexter's Laboratory (the only reason I even remember how to spell that word is because of the way Dexter says it XD) and after that, it's probably also the Powerpuff Girls. I'm not very into Cartoon Network's new shows, but I do like Billy and Mandy a lot. I think Foster's is very good too, Bloo is so awesome!
I'm multitalented. I can talk and annoy you at the same time.
Kyuriko

Postby punkgrl326 » Thu 05.04.2006 8:55 pm

Yeah, I watch a lot of american cartoons. I need to if I wanna become a cartoonist. Among them are Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Powerpuff Girls, Fairly Oddparents, Danny Phantom, and Spongebob Squarepants. Of course I can't forget The Simpsons and Futurama. Those are the best!
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby Caneius9 » Fri 05.05.2006 1:23 am

As uncool as it is I don't have much in the way of cable T.V. (just four channels)
so I never really get to follow any cartoons. I do like Dexter's Lab, and the old ninja turtles cartoons B) cowabunga!

P.S. did anyone ever see that 80's show based of the Legend of Zelda? :o
Caneius9

Postby alex_2096 » Fri 05.05.2006 8:44 pm

I dont have much time to follow other cartoons unless im bk from uni and lounging about at home. The ones that have my repect are. Samurai Jack, Family Guy, Futurama, The Simpsons.
alex_2096

Postby Kates » Tue 05.09.2006 9:35 am

Oh my God. I can't believe I'm the only one touting "Avatar" here! You anime fans have to find this show on Nick--it's super.

The show is set in an ancient world in which people of the four different nations can 'bend' the elements. There are water, earth, fire and air benders--meaning they can manipulate the element at will. The creators must be big fans of China and all things Chinese because all the scripts in the show are kanji, and the moves the benders use are based on four different martial arts styles (two I remember: water: tai chi; fire: northern shao lin -- sorry for misspellings, I know next-to-nothing about martial arts...)

The characters are fun, the story is engaging and the animation is great. (Oh, and the music is wonderful, too--gotta love a show that has a good soundtrack!) Check out the site for more info and everyone go watch "Avatar" (new eps: Nick, Friday at 8)! XD
Kates

Postby CrazzyWarrior » Tue 05.09.2006 10:09 am

I like The Simpsons, Family guy, Futurama. Thoes are the only cartoons i can watch anymore. the quality of them have went down from the ones i use to watch as a younger kid. and i forsee them going even lower(over all) im sure there may be some that are above the norm, but thoes are the only cartoons i can watch.
私の名前はセスです。
Watashi no namae ha seth desu.
[英訳] The ko (accumulated wisdom) of an old man is more precious than the ko (shell) of a tortoise.
「甲」と「劫」が同音であるところからできたことわざ。「劫」は極めて長い時間のことをいう。年長者の経験は尊ぶべきである。
CrazzyWarrior

Postby Kates » Tue 05.09.2006 10:17 am

I think you're crazy. >o< There are a lot of great cartoons out there by American creators. (At least, when you say "the quality of them have went down" I'm assuming you mean American-made cartoons, and not cartoons in general.) I think American animation is really doing well for itself right now--what with all the great computer-animated movies out there now (God bless Pixar and John Lasseter) and some wonderful animated shows on TV.

Yeah I watched TMNT as a kid, and some other junk... but I can't say that cartoons of my time (American-made when I was young... not imported like "Voltron" or others were) were better than those today. I think kids today have a much better selection of cartoons than I did.
Last edited by Kates on Tue 05.09.2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kates

Postby MFoogle » Tue 05.09.2006 4:15 pm

hmm...i still love Spongebob...i watch alot of Nick...but only certain shows...
MFoogle

Postby Sachi » Tue 05.09.2006 6:35 pm

Kates wrote:
Oh my God. I can't believe I'm the only one touting "Avatar" here! You anime fans have to find this show on Nick--it's super.

Not the only one anymore! :) I really like Avatar, but I haven't been up with the story for awhile...

As for other cartoons--actually, I don't watch TV all that much ^^; I just like a random sampling, that is, I'll basically watch anything B)
Sachi

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions