Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Whats The Right Book?

Whats The Right Book?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Whats The Right Book?

Postby KaiserDivus » Wed 05.10.2006 7:41 pm

Hey I have just started and I want to know what would be a good beginner book and a good intermediate one for later. I am just 15 and my parents will not help so i am hoping some of you know good books i can get for cheaper than 40 USD. I need a book mostly about grammer and verb conjigation.

Thanxx:)
Obedience Breeds Discipline, Discipline Breeds Unity, Unity Breeds Power, Power is Life
KaiserDivus

RE: Whats The Right Book?

Postby crowfeather » Wed 05.10.2006 8:13 pm

This site has an entire grammar book and it is free!
http://www.guidetojapanese.org.

Another good site is :
http://japanese.about.com

Also check the "web links" and "lessons" links in the upper left section of this page. There are numerous links to everything you will need and it is all free.

You can also try Google and type in search words such as Japanese gammar, Japanese verbs, kanji etc.

Hope this helps
Barbara
crowfeather

Postby KaiserDivus » Wed 05.10.2006 8:18 pm

Those sites look good I will start reading more in them thanks.
Obedience Breeds Discipline, Discipline Breeds Unity, Unity Breeds Power, Power is Life
KaiserDivus

Postby irairashiteiru » Wed 05.10.2006 10:19 pm

I have taught Japanese to students about your age, and if you are serious about learning the language the most popular was minna no nihongo.. (and for interm. students minna no nihongo 2) as they are straight to the point and get you to a relatively decent level quickly... however if your studying by yourself it might be a tad complex...
irairashiteiru

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips