Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What music do YOU listen to?

What music do YOU listen to?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

What music do YOU listen to?

Postby kanadajin » Thu 05.11.2006 9:51 pm

So I was kinda curious What genre of music you listen to.

I listen to pretty much only rap/hiphop, my favorite music artist is Tupac(makavelli) My favorite song is Hit em up or life goes on (Im deciding) both are by tupac.
kanadajin

RE: What music do YOU listen to?

Postby TokyoRoze » Thu 05.11.2006 9:56 pm

hardcore, punk instrumental everyone listen to "Explosions in the sky"
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

Postby kanadajin » Thu 05.11.2006 10:04 pm

Punk :o really?!?! I would have never thought.. Well, I really didn't know what you listened to. But Punk would be near the end of the list... Oh well, I guess theres a lot I don't know about members of TJP :D
kanadajin

Postby Hensha » Thu 05.11.2006 10:28 pm

what? Anyways, I listen to dance/techno, industrial, psychadelic rock, drum cadences. I can't stand hip hop or rap or whatever. It's all about either exploiting women, or apologizing because they exploited women. I also am iffy about that today's "punk" or "emo" music. I don't even know what to say, but yeah.

The music I love is Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, Dean Gray (remixed Green Day's American Idiot into an actually good album called American Edit), theme music from Anime, and High School/College drum cadences.

*hugs iPod*
Hensha

Postby Seijiro Hiko » Thu 05.11.2006 10:50 pm

ah hmm...well I like rock, classic rock, light rock, hard rock, and rock in general oh and stuff thats like rock like grunge, punk, metal, acoustic whatever...

I like all kinds of music except for hip-hop and rap for the same reasons as Wata_Shi san. (great avatar by the way- Will Farrell playing the Cow Bell on SNL)

Oh country and techno are alright but get old after a few songs.

I just downloaded the best song in the whole world and I would say that you can't "die happy" without having listening to it. The song is: "Yuudachi" by Shigeo Suga. also known as "summer shower"

I would also recommed FFVII Advent Children version of "One Winged Angel" It's great. (The movie's awesome too!)

Bands I listen to are: Aerosmith, Green Day, Tatu, Bob Seger, Avenged Sevenfold, Smash Mouth, Los Lonely Boys, Metallica, ACDC, Guns and Roses, Linkin Park, Lynard Skynard, Nickelback, Creed, Rolling Stones, Queen, The pillows, The Eagles, and a variety of intros and openings from Anime as well as other american artists with good songs.

<whew> mp3's are great aren't they.

Just out of curiosity, what's an emo?
Last edited by Seijiro Hiko on Thu 05.11.2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seijiro Hiko

Postby Machina Maw » Thu 05.11.2006 10:51 pm

Black/death metal, jrock, jpop, anime/game music, rap, (heavy) metal, ambient, hardcore, emo, 'alternative' pop, operatic, industrial, comedy (e.g. Weird Al Yankovich), folk metal, and a few good mainstream/pop songs.

You would not believe what's in my media player. I've got The Veronicas next to Trivium; Avenged Sevenfold next to Ayumi Hamasaki; Bic Runga next to Bring Me The Horizon; Funker Vogt next to Gackt, Neuroticfish next to Nightwish... you get the idea :p. My secret shame is choir music... but I don't download/buy any.

Edit: Seijiro Hiko, I have that version of One Winged Angel... ^__^ I listen to it pretty much obsessively.
Last edited by Machina Maw on Thu 05.11.2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machina Maw

Postby Keo » Thu 05.11.2006 10:53 pm

for me its -- rob zombie, mudvayne, metallica, system of a down, rage against the machine, drowning pool, alien ant farm, linkin park, slipknot
Keo

Postby Hensha » Thu 05.11.2006 11:10 pm

Country music is tolerable, to me, but I hear songs on the radio that are really old, and aren't even that great. like The Thunder Rolls or something by Garth Brooks. I remember listening to that in elementary school. Don't their songs ever change over a decade? Atleast?

Edit: Doumo Arigatou Seiji-san.
Last edited by Hensha on Thu 05.11.2006 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hensha

Postby Leechan » Fri 05.12.2006 8:22 am

I'm more interested in Eastern music than I am Western music. I like to listen to simple R&B, Hip-Hop, and Rap. But I enjoy listening to JPOP, JROCK, JPUNK, etc >>"

I just pre-ordered the Colors of the Heart snigle from UVERworld. I also bought Panic! At The Disco's CD.
Leechan

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 05.12.2006 9:07 am

Wata_Shi wrote:
Country music is tolerable, to me, but I hear songs on the radio that are really old, and aren't even that great. like The Thunder Rolls or something by Garth Brooks. I remember listening to that in elementary school. Don't their songs ever change over a decade? Atleast?

Edit: Doumo Arigatou Seiji-san.

that isn't unique to country ... pretty much any band that lasts more than 10 years will have those "stand by" songs that everyone remembers them by.. and no matter how old it is, fans will always want to hear it..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby nhannah » Fri 05.12.2006 9:42 am

Pretty much anything & everything within the billion different genres of heavy metal.
Chuck Schuldiner 1967-2001 R.I.P.
nhannah

Postby Mariya » Fri 05.12.2006 10:26 am

Um...hmm...hard to say really. I don't really listen to english music. Mostly anything Japanese, i.e. Anime, JROCK, a bit of JPop... Oh yeah, and other Asian music too (Bollywood).

Also any soundtrack to games and movies that I like. ^_^
Mariya

Postby queshaw » Fri 05.12.2006 5:21 pm

My favorite new music that I learned about from this site is the Pillows. They are so good. Unfortunately, the CDs are too expensive to import right now. Also HariCari and Rip Slyme that I learned about from the TV in Japan web site. I like Takako Minikawa. And the boredoms and OOIOO. And from a long time ago, I like the Plastics. I like Merzbow, but I've never listened all the way through an album because I feel like I will start getting a headache.

I like a lot of Thai pop "alternative" music too, like Bear Garden and Photo sticker machine. And Thai Esan "country" music like Pimpa Pahnsiri (my favorite).

And all kinds of south american music like Santa Sabina from Mexico and Os Mutantes from a long time ago in Brazil. And "college radio" type music from all over.
queshaw

Postby Sachi » Fri 05.12.2006 5:37 pm

I'm actually much of a rock person ;) I love playing guitar. But, I have a really wide taste in music: classical (sometimes... I do love the music from Howl's Moving Castle, though, so that's why this is here ;)), Jpop, rock, pop, um.... everything? :D I'm not too picky, except I really don't like R&B, rap, or hip-hop too much, but a have a few favorite songs in that genre.

Machina Maw, my iPod sounds a lot like your description ;) Utada Hikaru next to Marvin Gaye, The Used next to Ayumi Hamasaki, Led Zepplin next to Ai Otsuka, BoA next to The All American Rejects, AC/DC next to Gackt.... I've got Queen, Shaniah Twain, The Beatles, Carrie Underwood, The Goo Goo Dolls, Do As Infinity.... I have the most random iPod you could ever find! :D:D
Sachi

Postby Zeo » Fri 05.12.2006 5:39 pm

Well, as a el-bass player I listen to a lot of different kinds of music:

Jazz, funk, funky-jazz, funky-jazz-rock, metall, hard metall.
Yeah, a lot of different stuff. ^^

So my fav artist: Victor Wooten
Fav band: Victor Wooten, Metallica, SlipKnoT, Disturbed...many bands. :)

-Daniel
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Next

Return to General off topic