Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - guinea pig, friend or food?

guinea pig, friend or food?

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby hamsterfreak4evr » Wed 05.10.2006 5:53 pm

inamorata wrote:
To quote JinksIs the Guinea Pig considered a pet or food....or both?

in labs they are used as exprimentl stuff ..if yu dont keep news..:|


Thanks for another irrelevent, broken engrish post.[/quote]

well, you dont have to be so mean about it. i though it was somewhat relavent, and inamorata is apparently not from an english speaking country, if you even bothered to CHECK!
User avatar
hamsterfreak4evr
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun 07.17.2005 8:21 pm
Location: America
Native language: english
Gender: Female

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby keatonatron » Wed 05.10.2006 7:40 pm

India is an English-speaking country.

Granted, some people who live there aren't very good at speaking it.
User avatar
keatonatron
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sat 02.04.2006 3:31 am
Location: Tokyo (Via Seattle)
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby nikonikoniko » Fri 05.12.2006 12:44 am

jinksys wrote:They are apparently pretty tasty, although in america we dont eat rodents :-X


Never heard of squirrel soup?
学ぶことをやめたら誰でも老いぼれる、二渚ホでも八渚ホでも。学び続ける人はいつまでも若い。人生で一番大事なことは、気持ちを若く持ち続けることだ。
nikonikoniko
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat 02.04.2006 7:23 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby jinksys » Fri 05.12.2006 1:44 am

nikoniko1975 wrote:
jinksys wrote:They are apparently pretty tasty, although in america we dont eat rodents :-X


Never heard of squirrel soup?


Nope, but I heard that eating squirrel brains could give you mad cow disease.
Hello? Internets?
User avatar
jinksys
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat 01.29.2005 4:12 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby redfoxer » Fri 05.12.2006 7:04 am

eating squirrel brains would give you mad cow disease??

im not debating that but firstly, "mad cow" disease, and secondly, why would you want to eat the brain of a squirrel?
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
User avatar
redfoxer
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed 03.02.2005 6:09 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 05.12.2006 10:42 am

jinksys wrote:
nikoniko1975 wrote:
jinksys wrote:They are apparently pretty tasty, although in america we dont eat rodents :-X


Never heard of squirrel soup?


Nope, but I heard that eating squirrel brains could give you mad cow disease.



i can't help myself here.

thanks for another irrelevant post about squirrels.. you are talking about guinea pigs, not squirrels.. get back on topic..
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby jinksys » Fri 05.12.2006 3:24 pm

Yeah, Doctors in kentucky warned citizens about the dangers of eating squirrel brains (a local delicacy). You also shouldnt eat cow brains, which you can get deep friend and battered in indiana.
Hello? Internets?
User avatar
jinksys
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat 01.29.2005 4:12 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby I-samu » Fri 05.12.2006 5:56 pm

I've har horse sashimi before.
[][][][]
I-samu
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed 02.22.2006 10:11 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby nikonikoniko » Fri 05.12.2006 7:18 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
thanks for another irrelevant post about squirrels.. you are talking about guinea pigs, not squirrels.. get back on topic..


It's a side topic, not off topic. Off topic is Tony talking about papadums. ;)
Last edited by nikonikoniko on Fri 05.12.2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
学ぶことをやめたら誰でも老いぼれる、二渚ホでも八渚ホでも。学び続ける人はいつまでも若い。人生で一番大事なことは、気持ちを若く持ち続けることだ。
nikonikoniko
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat 02.04.2006 7:23 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby kanadajin » Fri 05.12.2006 7:35 pm

as long as they don't eat my dog


LOL

The Chinese eat monkeys? That's halfway to cannibalism


ROFL

eating squirrel brains would give you mad cow disease??


LMAO

Sry, I just find that funny I really dont think eating squirl brains can give you mad cow disease.. And good luck finding their brains..
User avatar
kanadajin
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Wed 05.04.2005 7:04 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby Takeo Saeki » Fri 05.12.2006 7:56 pm

kanadajin wrote:
NOOOO sorry I double posted by accident.. :(


LOL Daijobu. You can erase the second post by selecting Edit, and then there's a little square box that says "Delete this post". Click that box, and then click Apply Edit.
Takeo Saeki
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon 01.09.2006 4:43 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby kanadajin » Fri 05.12.2006 8:46 pm

oooh yea I forgot about that.. Lol I ahvent used it in so long ;)
User avatar
kanadajin
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Wed 05.04.2005 7:04 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby Machina Maw » Sat 05.13.2006 12:28 am

hungryhotei wrote:
jinksys wrote:
inamorata wrote:
To quote JinksIs the Guinea Pig considered a pet or food....or both?

in labs they are used as exprimentl stuff ..if yu dont keep news..:|


Thanks for another irrelevent, broken engrish post.


It seemed relevant to me...
I think inamorata was saying that we don't just consider guinea pigs as pets in the West, but use them in animal testing too.
Before we start comparing how different cultures look at certain animals it is surely important to look at how your own culture views them first or hippocracies within in it. Westerneres are often horrified when they hear of someone eating dog, forgetting that dogs have been killed in western laboratories.


Re-read the question.

jinksys wrote:
Is the Guinea Pig considered a pet or food....or both?


Obviously they are used for experiments at times, but that's got nothing to do with what was asked.
Machina Maw
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat 01.28.2006 9:39 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby jinksys » Sat 05.13.2006 1:14 am

Machina Maw wrote:
hungryhotei wrote:
jinksys wrote:
inamorata wrote:
To quote JinksIs the Guinea Pig considered a pet or food....or both?

in labs they are used as exprimentl stuff ..if yu dont keep news..:|


Thanks for another irrelevent, broken engrish post.


It seemed relevant to me...
I think inamorata was saying that we don't just consider guinea pigs as pets in the West, but use them in animal testing too.
Before we start comparing how different cultures look at certain animals it is surely important to look at how your own culture views them first or hippocracies within in it. Westerneres are often horrified when they hear of someone eating dog, forgetting that dogs have been killed in western laboratories.


Re-read the question.

jinksys wrote:
Is the Guinea Pig considered a pet or food....or both?


Obviously they are used for experiments at times, but that's got nothing to do with what was asked.



Woohoo, Raise the roof....

Image
Hello? Internets?
User avatar
jinksys
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat 01.29.2005 4:12 pm

RE: guinea pig, friend or food?

Postby punkgrl326 » Sat 05.13.2006 1:28 am

ROTFL :D Sorry, I couldn't help myself
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
User avatar
punkgrl326
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon 02.13.2006 6:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests