Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What anime do you HATE?

What anime do you HATE?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: What anime do you HATE?

Postby punkgrl326 » Mon 05.15.2006 10:25 pm

The only anime I really dislike is Mecha, like Gundam Wing and IGPX. Oh yeah and I've never really been a big fan of Sailor Moon, although I do like the sub slightly more than the dub. Other than that, I'm not a real hater of anime. I also like Pokemon because when my little cousin is watching it, I'll tell him what happens b4 it happens and then he'll say "How'd you know that?" That just cracks me up :D

I really hate all the childish stuff like naruto, dragonballZ, Pokemon, Digimon etc.
Pokemon and Digimon I agree are very childish, but DBZ isn't childish. It's just too loooooong. Naruto childish? Naruto himself is childish, but as a whole the show can be pretty mature with adult themes mixed in.
Last edited by punkgrl326 on Mon 05.15.2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby Hatori » Mon 05.15.2006 10:27 pm

i HATE FLCL because it's just very pointless and stupid i think. i also don't like Wolf's Rain because it's just not my type of anime show. i hate InuYasha because i'm not really into it anymore... i can't think of anything right now... oh yeah, Gundum because it's just really dumb i think and i hate Yu-"gay"-O because... i'm too old for it and it has a stupid plot. i don't like The Dragon Ball crap because the people are ugly and look constipated and it's just not my type of thing yet again.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby TomboyishFF » Mon 05.15.2006 10:30 pm

Gundam, every Gundam except GGundam. Which is wierd, because most people say that is the worst one. And Inyuasha. "It's freakin Dragonball Z for girls!" (VGcats.com) sums it up for me perfectly. Though I do like Ranma 1/2, shame Inyuasha wasn't as funny.

Uh, one more I can't think of right now. Well, the DNAngel anime is rather bad, but not soo bad. I swear I'm missing one. Oh, the anime Zatchbell and OnePiece, OnePiece having horrible anime art.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is the japanese language so much more fun than the french language? D:<
Kanji: Crying at how little I know
TomboyishFF

Postby Takeo Saeki » Mon 05.15.2006 10:34 pm

Oh yeah, Pokemon! Ugh, that was the worst! I completely forgot about that. Pokemon was my absolute least favorite of all TV shows I have ever seen.
Takeo Saeki

Postby Seijiro Hiko » Mon 05.15.2006 10:37 pm

I agree with pianogirl about the American anime. It can't be anime because its not from Japan.:@ Try going with deeper plot, meaning, and better animation rather than cheap imitation.

By the way FLCL is deeper than you might think hitori. It's about growing up and it symbolizes it in a lot of different ways (swinging the bat had an obvious sexual connotation);)

Inuyasha has gotten old and repetitive and kiddy stuff is... well just that.
Seijiro Hiko

Postby punkgrl326 » Mon 05.15.2006 10:45 pm

Oh yeah another one. Avatar: The Last Airbender. Well technically it's not anime, but I still can't stand it. The characters don't even look right. It's just a disgrace to anime :@
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby temeiki » Tue 05.16.2006 2:38 am

i can't say i hate this anime, but i don't like it, //hack sign ? i don't understand the anime that i don't continue watching this anime. i don't like naruto too,i hate the character of Naruto itself, he makes me sick
temeiki

Postby Takeo Saeki » Thu 05.18.2006 12:12 am

I have never seen One Piece, but my little brother has. He saw like half an episode, and he told me that it's about as stupid of a show as God has ever put on this Earth.
Takeo Saeki

Postby jinksys » Thu 05.18.2006 12:53 am

Takeo Saeki wrote:
I have never seen One Piece, but my little brother has. He saw like half an episode, and he told me that it's about as stupid of a show as God has ever put on this Earth.

Ill agree with that.
Hello? Internets?
jinksys

Postby PandanoTake » Thu 05.18.2006 2:39 am

I can connect with naruto, but I don't like it.

Go here: http://www.ncquestcenter.com

Then talk to me.
エド より
PandanoTake

Postby Niphty » Thu 05.18.2006 4:04 am

PandanoTake wrote:
I can connect with naruto, but I don't like it.

Go here: http://www.ncquestcenter.com

Then talk to me.

Personally, I love Naruto. It's not realistic, and it's not meant to be. Where else do ninja live, work and play in a secret land.. where no cars exist but everyone has wireless headsets like SWAT uses? Seriously, it's supposed to be fun (as well as dramatic as hell at times), that's why it's classified as a children's show. But, I like to keep an open mind on things ;)

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Binchou-tan.. i mean, she walks, and walks, and does something, then walks. I dunno, maybe if a plot develops somewhere I'll finish the series, lol.

.hack//sign isn't an easy one to follow. If you want, you can PM me, tell me where you are in the series, and I'll try to set things straight up to that point. It's confusing, but nowhere near as much as Lain is ;) I can also help explain that one if anyone needs, lol. Texhnolyze, however.. I think is still a mystery, even to me. Of course, I've never met anyone who's watched it past episode 3.
Niphty

Postby Sauna addict » Thu 05.18.2006 2:27 pm

Pokemon, digimon or whatever -mon crap, plus animes with too big eyes. Though I don't even care about very large eyes, there's still such a thing as a limit (wich is rarely broken).
I don't hate naruto, but I dislike all those filler episodes :@.

But overall there isn't much anime that I don't like.
Last edited by Sauna addict on Thu 05.18.2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sauna addict

Postby PandanoTake » Thu 05.18.2006 4:32 pm

Naruto is a mockery of Ninjutsu. Sure it's a little good sometimes, but it's mostly disgraceful.

Hands down.
エド より
PandanoTake

Postby Tatto » Wed 05.24.2006 8:52 pm

Worst animes I've ever come across below:

この醜くも美しい世界
Naruto
Bleach (I don't know why I'm still watching it, guess I'm curious to see how low it can get)
Tatto

Postby Anime_Guitarist » Thu 05.25.2006 1:21 pm

You don't like BLEACH?!? And you'd put BLEACH and Naruto on a list of bad anime, but not DBZ? *sigh* Well, to each his own, I suppose...

Well, I don't truly hate anime, mostly because if you get into a mindset that you really dislike a certain anime, it can make things awkward when you meet someone who really likes that anime.

The anime I certainly wouldn't choose to watch are:

DBZ (and all others in the dragon ball series thing)
Pokemon (I really haven't seen much of this anime at all, so I'm just being judgmental and proud of it)
And... Well... I don't have opportunity to watch much anime and I don't like to say that I dislike a show before I've seen it, so I guess that's about it...

Inuyasha would probably be on the list too, but it was, like, my first anime (Rurouni Kenshin was my first manga). I owe a lot to the series, I suppose, even if it does get really boring. It has good music, though. I still like reading fanfiction from the series.
^_^
Anime_Guitarist

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions