Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Just to clear a few things up on Ninjutsu

Just to clear a few things up on Ninjutsu

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Just to clear a few things up on Ninjutsu

Postby PandanoTake » Thu 05.18.2006 10:49 pm

Jinksys - You do nothing but prove my point.
エド より
PandanoTake

Postby ashitaka » Thu 05.18.2006 10:51 pm

i tried to find a ninjutsu school here in the USA but i live to far away from an oficail dojo and when i went to an unoficial one it was just a 40-50 year old living in his moms basement wearing a black bathing robe runing around screaming and making "hiya" sounds and throwing cardboard cutouts of shurikens.
That went on for about 30 minutes and i videotaped it all. i might put the video on the web and post a link. (probably the funniest thing i ever saw.)
there were someother people from my karate dojo there and we left after the "sensei's" mom brought us out some pizza.

oh and ninjutsu beats karate and aikido anytime
ashitaka

Postby PandanoTake » Thu 05.18.2006 10:52 pm

Thanks ashitaka. I know there's a dojo in North Carolina and Maine.
エド より
PandanoTake

Postby ashitaka » Thu 05.18.2006 10:55 pm

im in souther oregon right now.
i didnt even know there were any oficial ones in the USA. :o
im a black belt in both karate and aikido and you could probably take me down with out using much effort.

EDIT:
have you ever made those things that are hollowed out chiken eggs filled with a powder (i think its a mix of peppers) that you seal shut with paper?
i made one once but my neighbor was hungary i guess becaouse he bit into it.
(i had it next to har boiled and peeled eggs, big mistake B) ) i love those little egg things. the name of them starts with a "t" i think.

oh and my egg worked my friend couldnt taste things for a while and it tooke 5 days before he could open his left eye.
Last edited by ashitaka on Thu 05.18.2006 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashitaka

Postby PandanoTake » Thu 05.18.2006 11:00 pm

Well, maybe, it depends on the fight. Also, if I were to bring you down, that's not to go without saying you would put up quite a fight.
エド より
PandanoTake

Postby kanadajin » Thu 05.18.2006 11:01 pm

LMAO jinksys.. I never knew people who take up yoga could be that powerful. I don't think any one in ninjitsu could take on someone in wing tsun.. Or wushu.. I don't think jiu jitsu.. or tae kwon do things like that would stand a chance, but Shaolin kung fu would definitly destroy anyone in ninjitsu
kanadajin

Postby PandanoTake » Thu 05.18.2006 11:04 pm

jujutsu is in ninjutsu...and though there are many martial arts out there, each one stands a chance against the others. However, I have attended shaolin classes as well, and ninjutsu would also be quite effective against it.
エド より
PandanoTake

Postby ashitaka » Fri 05.19.2006 12:08 am

Well, maybe, it depends on the fight. Also, if I were to bring you down, that's not to go without saying you would put up quite a fight.

if i ever visit sapporo ill visit your dojo.
jujutsu is in ninjutsu...and though there are many martial arts out there, each one stands a chance against the others. However, I have attended shaolin classes as well, and ninjutsu would also be quite effective against it.

ninjutsu would win against shaolin.
however the man with an AK-47 woudld beat them both
ashitaka

Postby Tessen » Sat 05.20.2006 11:52 pm

all this art against art talk is pointless, its about the practitioner
a loudmouth always gets his butt kicked eventually lol
Tessen

Postby Christian_ » Sun 05.21.2006 12:28 am

jinksys wrote:
So you guy's really need all those weapons to be effective? How useful is a martial art if you can't take it through a metal detector?

It seems Jinksys is very controversial, but I do find almost everything he says to be hilarouis. Im still laughing :D
Goals:
1) Have decent proficiency in Japanese, enough to get around/talk/read/write.
2) Visit Japan for a week or so one summer.
Christian_

Postby keatonatron » Sun 05.21.2006 6:10 am

jinksys wrote:
Ninjitsu is still useless compared to karate or aikido....or even yoga.

That was a hilarious joke. I can't believe so many people didn't get it :o They're too defensive about their interests and jump straight to attacking you without even realizing you're just poking fun.

Info about 忍術

Apparently ninjutsu is known as "that shuriken thing", but that's only a small part of it.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby jinksys » Sun 05.21.2006 7:31 pm

keatonatron wrote:
jinksys wrote:
Ninjitsu is still useless compared to karate or aikido....or even yoga.

That was a hilarious joke. I can't believe so many people didn't get it :o They're too defensive about their interests and jump straight to attacking you without even realizing you're just poking fun.

Info about 忍術

Apparently ninjutsu is known as "that shuriken thing", but that's only a small part of it.

THANK YOU!!!
Hello? Internets?
jinksys

Postby TomboyishFF » Sun 05.21.2006 10:22 pm

I wish I could find a Ninjitsu dojo, but the only one here is Hwardo. I recently watched a program on Ninjitsu, and it is a lot different from what most people think. I have a lot more respect for it, now that I have learned about it.

To jinksys: Not to be...mean, or anything bad you would interpret, but there is no /sarcasm or /joking on forums. I really thought you were serious. Maybe you should be more careful....? You wouldn't want to say "Buddhism. Pft, who wants to worship a fat guy?" (An example, of course) and some Buhddist think you were serious. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is the japanese language so much more fun than the french language? D:<
Kanji: Crying at how little I know
TomboyishFF

Postby jinksys » Mon 05.22.2006 1:58 am

TomboyishFF wrote:

Maybe you should be more careful....?

[sarcasm] Yeah, That sounds like a good idea [/sarcasm]
Hello? Internets?
jinksys

Postby Oyaji » Mon 05.22.2006 3:49 am

Oh man, it just really steams me when people call Buddha a fat guy - I mean if you knew ANYTHING AT ALL about Buddha you would know there are skinny Buddhas too, and besides, what's wrong with worshipping a fat guy anyway - not that I'm saying Buddha IS fat, but even if he were - and there are plenty of FAT Buddha statues too you know, but no I bet you don't know because you obviously don't know anything - and did I mention, that there are SKINNY Buddhas too, and FAT ones? Huh? Did I?
Oyaji

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic