Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Looking for full word kana tests?

Looking for full word kana tests?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Looking for full word kana tests?

Postby edokid » Wed 05.24.2006 10:40 pm

Hey everyone,

I've found a lot of places online that have kana quizes, but they all seem to be the same, where they will show one character, and ask what it is, such as KA, KU, etc. I'm just curious if anyone knows any online tests that actually show full words that require you to look at the whole word in kana, and then write it in roumaji, or the other way around as well. I find that's more what I need than just figuring out characters. Thanks!

Lee
edokid

RE: Looking for full word kana tests?

Postby hamsterfreak4evr » Wed 05.24.2006 10:43 pm

you could simply go and find some japanese website, and use that as practice. or google "japanese children stories online" and you are sure to find something with hiragana at least :)

good luck on your quest for kana excellenceB):D:p
hamsterfreak4evr

Native language: english

Postby richvh » Thu 05.25.2006 7:06 am

There's a certain amount of something like that in Slime Forest (some slimes will present a character and a word that contains it, and you have to either give the translation (for kana words) or reading (for kanji words.))
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Furansujin » Thu 05.25.2006 8:18 am

He! read children's stories seems to be the easiest way to read a few japanese for a beginner like me! Simple words and lots of kana!!:p Never though to that!
I'll do that! :D
Furansujin

Postby Furansujin » Thu 05.25.2006 8:24 am

Just find an interesting website about it!

http://www.nis.atr.jp/~ray/stories/

The stories are traducted and they give the vocab! funny! :p
Furansujin

Postby edokid » Thu 05.25.2006 5:24 pm

Thanks I'll try that. I'm still a beginner though so its not so much to read Japanese but more to learn Kana. The reason I want a test is because I want to know if I'm reading it correctly or not, whether I understand the word or not. Thanks :)
edokid

Postby Sachi » Thu 05.25.2006 5:57 pm

There's several articles on kana and some pratice tests [url=japancast.net]here[/url]. Hope you find what you're looking for ;) You'll probably pick up a bunch of new vocab by looking through them, too.

(for easy reference, the articles are all titled "Hirigana/Katakana Master Plan", and filed under the "Podcast" and "Software & Study Guides" sections ;))
Last edited by Sachi on Thu 05.25.2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sachi

Postby edokid » Thu 05.25.2006 8:06 pm

Hey Sachi,

Thanks so much, although not as much what I'm looking for, this site is so cool! I didn't know these podcasts existed, I just loaded them all into my iPod!!! Btw, love your name, my cat's name is Sachi :P

Lee
edokid

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips