Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What's Everyone do for a Living?

What's Everyone do for a Living?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: What's Everyone do for a Living?

Postby Reno » Sun 05.28.2006 4:15 pm

W000000t im a fundraiser in a call center.

That basically means that I'm the one calling all elder people about the charity they support to ask for more! *What do you mean with conscience?*

Its just really good money and I need all the money I can get right now... Might I add im one of the best in the fundraising field :D
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Ongakuka » Sun 05.28.2006 5:03 pm

That basically means that I'm the one calling all elder people about the charity they support to ask for more! *What do you mean with conscience?*

Now I see why you called yourself "Reno";)
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby LadySkywalker » Mon 05.29.2006 7:18 am

I currently do Mandarin>English translations on a freelance basis for an education consultancy in Taiwan. I spent several years studying Mandarin at university so at least this gives me the chance to put those particular skills to use.

Work has been quite scarce these past few weeks as summer approaches so I now have plenty of free time, some of which I will be devoting to getting to grips with the basics of Japanese. :)
Aspiring Polyglot - http://aspiringpolyglot.wordpress.com/ (Tips, tricks and thoughts from an aspiring multilinguist)
LadySkywalker

Postby Ebuka Valentine Nrialike » Mon 05.29.2006 8:15 am

i go to school, am in year 11, and am doing my gcse exams at the moment, after that i will be entering the sixth form:)
۞..::۩[<>~Ebuka~<>]۩::..۞
Ebuka Valentine Nrialike

Postby Infidel » Mon 05.29.2006 9:45 am

I work as a hotel auditor, which means I work the mid shift. It's slow and I can study, play, read, or whatever often with few inturrputions during work, and I'm paid for it.

I've had to delay college for over a decade, but now I'm working my way back in. Next semester will be my sophmore year. Hopefully after that I can get a "real" job. I'll miss this job, but i need a payraise, or at least a job with benifits badly.
Last edited by Infidel on Mon 05.29.2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby punkgrl326 » Mon 05.29.2006 10:41 am

I'm a high school student. Just finishing my 10th year :) No job yet, but I'm searching for one. I'll probably end up working at Wal-Mart ;)
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby Reno » Mon 05.29.2006 11:10 am

Ongakuka wrote:

Now I see why you called yourself "Reno";)

Wait......what does Reno mean?......uh-oh...
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Ongakuka » Mon 05.29.2006 11:23 am

Reno: A fictional character from FFVII (the game which contains characters represented by both our avatars; though yours maybe from Kingdom of hearts or something) who is a member of a small undercover group which does all of the "shinra's" dirty work (basically he is a criminal) who does not truly consider the bad effects of his work on the people around him.

Yep, you might want to change your name... AGAIN!:p
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby redfoxer » Mon 05.29.2006 12:01 pm

im a first year student at college/university and a i work in a bar to pay the bills. heh. suprise suprise eh?
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Previous

Return to General off topic