Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - newb i am.

newb i am.

Japanese, general discussion on the language

newb i am.

Postby brokeasshachi » Sun 04.17.2005 1:53 am

hey new to the site, its awesome, i dont know how i stumbled across it, but its awesome. altho, the only thing i've really gone through is the kanji lol:D but, its definatly awesome.

kudos to whoever maintains it;)
-Dave
brokeasshachi

RE: newb i am.

Postby Bleu Raver » Sun 04.17.2005 8:20 pm

I'm new also :)

I know some Kanji, I am Chinese and I know like just about no Japanese, except bare basics
Bleu Raver

Postby Diggity » Sun 04.17.2005 8:27 pm

Clay and Yumi maintain it and they do an awesome job! There are a lot of people here on the boards who will help you along if you have questions (trust me... I have a ton of threads with questions lol.)

If you really want to help your studies along I would recommend getting a tekesuto (textbook.) I suggest the Genki textbook personally. Get the audio cd with it, it will allow you to listen to spoken japanese from natives and really helps you pick up the language a lot faster. (This site sells it.)

OK enough for now... have fun learning!
Diggity

Postby brokeasshachi » Sun 04.17.2005 11:14 pm

Diggity wrote:
Clay and Yumi maintain it and they do an awesome job! There are a lot of people here on the boards who will help you along if you have questions (trust me... I have a ton of threads with questions lol.)

If you really want to help your studies along I would recommend getting a tekesuto (textbook.) I suggest the Genki textbook personally. Get the audio cd with it, it will allow you to listen to spoken japanese from natives and really helps you pick up the language a lot faster. (This site sells it.)

OK enough for now... have fun learning!

yea, i agree they do an awesome job.

when i took my japanese 1 class i had to buy "japanese for busy people" and a kana workbook and another book of drills so i got text books and a long time ago i bought pimselur (sp?) cds they were awesome, but i think i learned the most from my japanese 1 teacher who taught us hiragana, katakana and about 24 kanji in elem japanese 1! it was awesome, i loved it. and im hoping to just take some more classes soon. i think its the best way!
-Dave
brokeasshachi

Postby Kei » Sun 04.17.2005 11:15 pm

The Hiragana pack at the store really helped me out. ;)
はじめまして ^_^;
Kei

Postby Timurchan » Sun 04.24.2005 5:06 pm

Hi,
I`m russianjin. =)
Frim Russia, very short.
I learned Japanese osme month and I already love it.
Why - think because kanji such fine...
Answer me, who reading this message, and you`ll do me very happy.=);)
Timurchan

Return to Japanese General Discussion