Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese oral exam

Japanese oral exam

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Japanese oral exam

Postby redfoxer » Wed 05.31.2006 6:36 pm

I had a japanese oral exam today....i flunked it so so bad. i kept getting mind block....but i guess thats bound to happen when you've been working non stop for a week and then realise you have a japanese exam a hour before its starts whilst at work.

Just wanted to know other peoples experiences with speaking japanese. did you find it easy? have you not really tried? cos let me tell you, speaking in japanese....not so easy.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

RE: Japanese oral exam

Postby hamsterfreak4evr » Wed 05.31.2006 6:38 pm

it does take me a minute to formulate a sentence in my mind, though i've only really talked with one of my friends from Japan a couple of times. sometimes i even pause between words/particles:pyou're not alone...anyways...i hope you still got somewhat of a good grade!!!:DB)

EDIT!!!!! i decided to watch the "how to eat sushi" video in YOUR sig, and its the same one as the first link in MY sig!!!!!!! wow!! i dont even remember where i got it...someone IMed it to me, thinking i would like it since I'm so into Japan, lol.:)
Last edited by hamsterfreak4evr on Wed 05.31.2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hamsterfreak4evr

Native language: english

Postby redfoxer » Wed 05.31.2006 6:49 pm

that sushi vid is amazing. i love it. so clever. Yea i serious have failed. i had a laugh with my sensei about my poor performance. he was shocked i did so badly. serious, i lost all adjectives and i didnt use any conjuntive words. i kept giving one word answers and asking him to repeat the question (i used mou ichido kudasai...which should of had an itte in there to make it sound better)...also alot of wakarinai (unpolite for a oral exam) and sumimasen! serious....let it be advice to anyone wanting to speak japanese. do it alot. im pretty good at reading but speaking....im like a beginner. on the spot...total blank mind....
Last edited by redfoxer on Wed 05.31.2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby hamsterfreak4evr » Wed 05.31.2006 6:52 pm

well, at least your sensei doesnt seem too uptight about it if you had a good laugh with him about it lol:)

yeah, the video is really funnyB)
hamsterfreak4evr

Native language: english

Postby yume_kaji » Wed 05.31.2006 6:54 pm

well... i have the same problem... always when i want to speak japanese in the japanese lesson... its like to have a blockade and all words are mixed in the sentences.... haha... then i have to make a break and use a very long time to transfare the words in the correct place....lol

i guess that happened to me, while i know that a teacher is here and might correct me.. so i become nervouse. when i was in germany i had spoken to a japanese, who i just had met, shes the friend from a friend, in that situation it was easier to speak japanese, but still unfluent... i was nervouse too.

so all in one i have to say: yeah it is not easy, we are all standing behind you or next to you ;)

(i guess i have to speake more japanese in the lesson... that might solve the blockade problem. at home i cant... there is noone which i can speak with..:()

yeah i hope it too, that you still got a good grade :D
日本語の勉強をしましょう。^o^
yume_kaji

Postby clay » Wed 05.31.2006 7:27 pm

Being nervous will do it everytime. For me, talking on the phone with people I don't know cuts my Japanese abilities at least in half. Especially when it is business related... (when I need to do my best!)

Keep at it! Ganbatte!
clay
Site Admin

RE: For me was too hard!!!

Postby karygirl » Wed 05.31.2006 7:35 pm

Some time ago I was learning Japanese in the College... The oral test was so hard!!! But thanks 2 that, now I can speak better japanese !!!

Good luck 4 everyone!!!:D
Bárbara
karygirl

Return to General off topic