fbpx

2 Comments

October 21, 2018
5 Fun Anime Fighting Phrases in Japanese

Here are five kakkoii fighting phrases you might hear in anime Japanese or read in manga. Listen for them when you get to the fighting scenes.

Please note, all five of these can be rude--they are, after all, fighting words. Be careful how you use them, but saying them to your close Japanese friends could be fun.

Let's get started with some Anime Fighting Phrases in Japanese...

かかってこい!

Bring it on!

The かかって comes from a word that means "to start," "to deal with," "to handle." こい is a somewhat rude command that means "come on!"

うけてたつ!

I accept your challenge!

When you are ready to take up the gauntlet, say, 「うけてたつ!」

まけるもんか!

I'll never lose!

Said when things are not going well for the bad guy and he is about to lose. もん is an ender used for emphasis. もんか is used for creating rhetorical questions when the speaker actually believes the opposite is true. "Am I about to lose? No way!"

おぼえてろ!

I'll get you for this!

The bad guy is lost and he knows it. He is in an embarrassing retreat, but to save face, he says to the victorious hero, 「おぼえてろ!」 Literally, this is "I'll remember this." It can mean, "You'll be sorry!" or "You'll regret this!" or "I'll get even someday!"

ちくしょう!

Darn!

This is also pronounced ちきしょう. Literally, this means "livestock" or "beast." When said when upset, however, it is a light curse. Dammit! Hang it all! Darn!

Sharing is caring!

• {"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Level up your Japanese!

free-kanji-or-hiragana-offer-final

For Total Beginners

Japanese for beginners - Beri-Beri Shoshinsha

This 15-book study guide + worksheets bundle is ON SALE. For just one-time payment only, you will get this bundle for a very low price plus you will get future contents for free (no additional charge).

Easy to follow and understand

This bundle is perfect for absolute beginners. It's thorough without being wordy, giving you exactly enough information to understand the concepts without overloading you with information. 

TheJapanShop.com Customer

Makoto+ Membership

You'll notice many TheJapanesePage.com lessons have bonus content for Makoto+ Members. Well, membership goes well beyond that. Members also get our monthly magazine for learners of Japanese (Beginners to Intermediates), weekly exclusive lessons, Podcast bonus content, and much more.

>