Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - please help me

please help me

Japanese, general discussion on the language

please help me

Postby Happy123 » Sun 04.24.2005 7:03 pm

i need help with pronouncing the japanese words. on this site it doesnt say how the word is prononsed so if any1 can help reply to this or pm me please. ill appreciate it.:D
Happy123

RE: please help me

Postby redfoxer » Sun 04.24.2005 7:04 pm

whats the word?
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

RE: please help me

Postby Dark_Lite » Mon 04.25.2005 8:40 am

Happy123 wrote:
i need help with pronouncing the japanese words. on this site it doesnt say how the word is prononsed so if any1 can help reply to this or pm me please. ill appreciate it.:D

Your question is vague..

If you are talking about the actual pronunciation of the words, it is very simple. If you read the romaji, it is phonetic.

If you are talking about the pronunciation from kanji and kana, that is something that needs to be learned.

You should start out memorizing katakana and hiragana. Kana represent syllable sounds. Once you have memorized kana move on to kanji. Kanji are individual characters with differing pronunciations called readings. There are On and Kun readings. Generally, the On reading is used when the kanji is in a word while the kun reading is used when it [the kanji character] is by itself.

I'm assuming you are trying to figure out how to pronounce kana. Search Google for a Kana chart and you should be able to find a table of the hiragana/katakana characters. I would give you the address of the tables I have but the table is at home so you'll have to wait a few hours :).
Dark_Lite

Return to Japanese General Discussion