Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What anime do you HATE?

What anime do you HATE?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: What anime do you HATE?

Postby Dutt » Mon 07.03.2006 4:57 pm

My hate is reserved for any dubbed version of any anime, and it is a passionate, burning hate.

There was this one anime that was airing, a really childish one where monsters came out of cards. I guess someone screwed up somewhere because it was dubbed in swedish but still they'd say things like "iksou" and "ike" in a "swedesized" manner and it sounded so bad I almost got braincancer as a protection from further "ickusööu" and "ickeii"

Other than that I have a strong dislike towards the following:
.hack//SIGN - My spine started to itch out of boredom
Air Master - The characters were loud, annoying or loud and annoying
Divergence EVE - Made very little sense to me, or maybe I just stopped caring
Geneshaft - really bad
Patlabor movies - I think I fell asleep during both
Dutt

Postby becks23 » Tue 07.04.2006 4:02 am

Dutt wrote:
My hate is reserved for any dubbed version of any anime, and it is a passionate, burning hate.

There was this one anime that was airing, a really childish one where monsters came out of cards. I guess someone screwed up somewhere because it was dubbed in swedish but still they'd say things like "iksou" and "ike" in a "swedesized" manner and it sounded so bad I almost got braincancer as a protection from further "ickuso¨o¨u" and "ickeii"

Usually such a hatred makes me wish I was drunk while watching it as to make it more interesting. Even then I still find myself puking:D
"Beckham has done it again at Old Trafford!!"
becks23

Postby Dutt » Tue 07.04.2006 12:35 pm

becks23 wrote:
Dutt wrote:

There was this one anime that was airing, a really childish one where monsters came out of cards. I guess someone screwed up somewhere because it was dubbed in swedish but still they'd say things like "iksou" and "ike" in a "swedesized" manner and it sounded so bad I almost got braincancer as a protection from further "ickuso¨o¨u" and "ickeii"

Usually such a hatred makes me wish I was drunk while watching it as to make it more interesting. Even then I still find myself puking:D

Lower my inhibitions whilst I'm passionately hating doesn't seem like a good idea :D
Dutt

Postby poutjesi » Tue 07.04.2006 3:11 pm

i suppose the animes i dislike are:
anything childish (ahh naruto)
anything mecha
FLCL: because it still made no sense to me, even after a read the manga
inuyasha: i used to love it but it got really old, really fast
fruits basket: the manga is good, but not the anime (keiichianimeforever.com)
oh and that new show on adult swim. i dont know if any one knows what im talking about but it has a character named 'little slugger' in it and its just about, if not more confusing than FLCL
poutjesi

Postby LustBaka » Tue 07.04.2006 5:09 pm

sereame wrote:
PandanoTake wrote:
Naruto is a mockery of Ninjutsu. Sure it's a little good sometimes, but it's mostly disgraceful.

Hands down.

i totally agree

hows naruto a disgrace to ninjutsu?
LustBaka

Postby becks23 » Tue 07.04.2006 7:04 pm

The one thing I remember about that and it's only because some twats were going around doing it(NO JOKE!!) is: ONE THOUSAND YEARS OF PAIN

Thank you people with no life so they relate to Naruto as best they can:@
"Beckham has done it again at Old Trafford!!"
becks23

Postby ashitaka » Wed 11.22.2006 1:28 am

skrhgh3b wrote:
All of it - just to spite you "otaku" :p

Finally another sensable human being in the universe.
Why do so many teenagers like watching cartoons ment for 5-7 year olds. At least start watching a more mature cartoon like, micky mouse or bugs bunny..... or something way to mature for otaku, The wiggles.

just to spite you "otaku"

That has to be one of the most wonderful things i have ever heard.
ashitaka

Postby Sumi » Wed 11.22.2006 1:40 am

Inuyasha. I hate hate hate hate that show! It is all they talk about at school. I used to love the show when I was 12, now I just can't stand to watch it. I don't really know why.

Maybe it's the childishness.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby datdo » Wed 11.22.2006 2:06 am

hmm....I wished I knew what anger, rage, and annoyance felt like...I can only pretend to emulate them from what I see on anime...maybe thats why I messed up in the head...(no its cause of your infoturd teacher. beat you to the punchline again)

I don't understand why people don't like thought provoking anime...or as many people also like to call them Mind F*** Anime. I have seen that people have put shows like FLCL and Paranoi Agent(the one with lil slugger) and I catagorize them under this branch of anime. Just because they may seem like they have no plot on the surface, they have a lot going on underneath mainly character development(essential) and trying to demonstrate a point. They also sometimes have interesting views of the human psyche. Most shows have some sort of plot. The only show without much plot that I can think of is Excel Saga but I might be wrong because I haven't completed the series yet.

Also...dubs rn't always the most horrible things ever. Sometimes the english dubbing can be somewhat up to par. But you should also remember that if you didn't watch an anime subbed first you might think of the dub a little more highly. You won't set your expectations that high. Some dubs are bad but some are good. We should stop making such broad generalizations.

Sorry if my post is a little disorganized. Its kinda late and I'm just about to go to sleep but my brain is already asleep basically so...eh...
The middle path is the only correct path...kinda
datdo

Postby erikN » Sat 11.25.2006 8:08 pm

One of the worst I've come across so far is a show about some girl pop band. It's called "Idols" something. Lame music performances, a completly twisted romantic view on the life as a pop star and the girls pimp like manager takes the cake.
- Erik

[skype=chat]ernor_86[/skype]
erikN

Postby ashitaka » Sat 11.25.2006 9:42 pm

or as many people also like to call them Mind F*** Anime.

All anime is Mind F*** Anime, it makes you so stuiped that when you turn 17-18 you realize you've been wasting your time watching cartoons and wondering why yuo can't get a girlfriend, then i come along and enlighten you in the ways of anti-otaku.
ashitaka

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Tue 11.28.2006 10:55 pm

First and foremost I hate Naruto, I am the anti Naruto. I hate it hate it hate it hate it. I also really hate One Piece, InuYasha, Wedding Peach, Dragon Ball/ Z, and Marmalade Boy. (Boy am I full of bad juju!) That's all I can think of right now... although, I am slightly obsessed with Wedding Peach...what ever, those are my anime no-no's.
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby datdo » Wed 11.29.2006 1:56 am

ashitaka wrote:
All anime is Mind F*** Anime, it makes you so stuiped that when you turn 17-18 you realize you've been wasting your time watching cartoons and wondering why yuo can't get a girlfriend, then i come along and enlighten you in the ways of anti-otaku.

lol...that reminds me of some friends who have girls basically throwing themselves at them but are too concentrated on their otakuness to notice...but I also have 19 year old friend who is into anime and has a girlfriend who isn't into anime...
datdo

Postby kyashi » Sun 12.03.2006 11:59 pm

lets see lets see, pokemon got way to predicable and so is one piece and digmon. naruto is getting very long. im getting tired of watching it. and dragon ball is really really old it was one of the first anime i ever watched . FLCL i thought was wayyyyy to weird but i did like that episode of the cat ears {blame my cat loveness} inuyasha is getting long , just kill that freaking naraku already !

i hate dubbed versions of subbed anime. just doesnt make sense.

wedding peach is freaking like sailor moon and sailor moon got old . wedding peach is like the new sailor moon. but funny. naruto is so stupid he just runed the whole freaking show.

i cant think of any more ...oh hey supergals got predicable too - every episode ran kutobuki kicks someones butt .

there should be a "what MANGA do u hate ?" forum to
kyashi

Postby KitsuneTsuki » Mon 12.04.2006 12:39 am

I guess the top of my list is Yu-Gi-Oh! One night there was nothing else on TV, so I left the TV on Cartoon Network all night. I was doing something else and not paying close attention to what was on. However, I was listening and by the time the first commercial break was reached, I was ready for someone to poke out my eyes and ears. It was so bad. This was about 2 years ago and the pain still lingers......
KitsuneTsuki

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions