Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - My wedding

My wedding

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: My wedding

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 07.04.2006 1:23 am

Congratulations!! Looks like a wonderful wedding. My wife and I simply went the 入籍 route, with no ceremony or party. Looking at your photos, I don't know if I feel envy or relief.

We actually did the 入籍 back in October (we now have 3 anniversaries, it's a pain) but because of logistics with getting the family and relatives all together we had to wait until Summer. The ceremony wasn't that hard, as my mother in law put together everything for us. We just showed up, pretty much.. The hardest part was ferrying my parents and friends around while translating for everyone. My wife's family speaks no English and my Family speaks no Japanese. Even so, my mother and my mother in law can somehow communicate. It's the weirdest thing.:o
Last edited by Harisenbon on Tue 07.04.2006 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Reno » Tue 07.04.2006 6:30 am

Nice wedding, best of luck and it looked like a fun wedding for everyone.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby CajunCoder » Tue 07.04.2006 2:54 pm

Congratulations! Very beautiful wedding.
I would like to have such a unique wedding some day :d

Actually, I think your avatar suits you pretty well - despite the funny expression =P
Kind of has that, "Geekish" nuance to it (which is of course, a good thing! The term "Geek" is the highest title of honour one can receive, describing one who is passionate about what they persue, and literate in the technical arts. I pity those who take pride in not being worthy to receive such a title :o )

Um, anyway...

I'm curious what your family thought of it all? Was this the first time they had come to Japan and experienced the culture? What did they think of the wedding and such?
Also, what of your wife's side? Surely there were several people who were surprised to find a gaijin, who speaks fluent Japanese and decided to have a Japanese style wedding, no? :P
Last edited by CajunCoder on Tue 07.04.2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CajunCoder

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 07.04.2006 7:36 pm

I'm curious what your family thought of it all? Was this the first time they had come to Japan and experienced the culture? What did they think of the wedding and such?
Also, what of your wife's side? Surely there were several people who were surprised to find a gaijin, who speaks fluent Japanese and decided to have a Japanese style wedding, no? :P

My parents had come to Japan before, when Yumiko and I were just dating. They said they had a much better time this time around (probably because everything wasn't so weird and new). They said they liked the wedding. I don't know if they felt anything odd about it. It definately didn't feel odd to me. ;)

I had met all of Yumiko's family before, so they all knew me, and I don't think that anyone was surprised at all that I was having a Japanese style wedding. Some of them grumbled about wearing a kimono in the middle of summer, but it was a cool day, so it wasn't too bad. ;)
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby lomagu » Wed 07.05.2006 7:23 am

Happy Wedding! :D

写真見せてくれてありがとうごさいます。ゆみこさんは美しいですね!

いつまでもお幸せにね!
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.☆-D.Adams
lomagu

Previous

Return to General off topic