Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese game shows.

Japanese game shows.

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Japanese game shows.

Postby kanadajin » Wed 07.05.2006 11:33 am

Alright so, I was just browsing some site (break.com) and I typed in Japanese game show, It brought up this

http://www.break.com/index/silentlibrary67_Break.html

This might not be funny to some of you, and yes it's old but i've never seen it.
But wow usually video clips don't make me laugh.. I was dying when I saw this. It's sort of like a Japanese fear factor type thing, where there in a library and have to pick bards whoever gets the "X" card has to do whats on the( umm... I have no clue what to call it.. sooo) large peice of paper -_-"

http://www.break.com/index/japaneseprank9.html

This might be another old one, it's like mission impossible, well not really but they do play the theme song :D

I showed these videos in the chat yesterdsay So if you were there, you already saw them ;)
kanadajin

RE: Japanese game shows.

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 07.05.2006 12:13 pm

I saw the first one, it's hilarious.

I hadn't seen the second one, Wow, Japanese people have a much better sense of humor than Americans. Americans would sue. The Japanese just laugh.

Thanks for sharing, these are great!
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby kanadajin » Wed 07.05.2006 12:33 pm

:D yea the second one was hilarious, and now theres a third.

http://www.kahsoon.com/2006/06/27/silent-library-japanese-game-show/

I found this on google looking for the second one on a different site.
kanadajin

Postby Budomaru » Wed 07.05.2006 2:31 pm

fear factor sucks totally :P its an insult to the human race if you ask me, but then again i havent seen these vids - i only hope the japanese are more sane though i dont expect it when it comes to tv... B)
You know you've been hanging around a forum too long when people start quoting you and agreeing :P
Budomaru

Postby kanadajin » Wed 07.05.2006 2:43 pm

it's not anything like fear factor really, i just said that because their doing fear factor-ish things..
kanadajin

Postby zengargoyle » Wed 07.05.2006 2:54 pm

see: http://www.tvinjapan.com/ for all the Japanese TV weirdness you can imagine. your clip sounds like one of the common types of clip... being forced to see/read/do somthing funny without laughing, and if you laugh, you get a beating. anyway, there are tons and tons of YouTube links on that page that will leave you laughing or scratching your head going "huh?".
zengargoyle

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 07.05.2006 4:00 pm

i still think the oddest one i ever saw was a 5 year old on stage by himself and the panel teased him until he cried.. then laughed and teased him somemore until he cried again.. each time consoling him in between.. they did this no less than 10 times. as funny as it sounds it is disturbing enough that you have to wonder about the future of that child.. oh well.. if it sells, it's on tv.. that's the new way to see things i guess.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby zengargoyle » Wed 07.05.2006 4:16 pm

zengargoyle

Postby kivi » Thu 07.06.2006 10:36 am

lol I really like the second video, but the others are also top ^^
kivi

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Thu 07.06.2006 10:51 am

what... the... is this true?? That's madness!! Hilarious, but so cruel!
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 07.06.2006 11:26 am

i don't know if that is disturbing or worthless.. either way no one really wins..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby kanadajin » Thu 07.06.2006 11:36 am

and if you laugh, you get a beating

No you can't laugh because your in a library, and if you scream when you have to eat the ice cream cone of WASABI.. well, yea.

i still think the oddest one i ever saw was a 5 year old on stage by himself and the panel teased him until he cried..

wow, Japanese people do the weirdest things -_-" (well i shouldn't say ALL Japanese people so, SOME japnaese people do the weirdest things.)

wow, how does Japan get away with all this stuff?
kanadajin

Postby Oyaji » Thu 07.06.2006 11:53 am

kanadajin wrote:

wow, how does Japan get away with all this stuff?

They get away with it because the young comedians agree to do it. The most important thing for a young comedian is air time. They will do almost anything to get on TV.

I watched this show nearly every week while it was on. His positive attitude made the show quite interesting. The ironic thing is, though this should have been his big break into the big time, I think I've seen him maybe once on TV in the years since the show ended. Apparently, though he is a very good person, he doesn't have a lot of talent as a comedian.
Oyaji

Postby kanadajin » Thu 07.06.2006 12:01 pm

you watched that show? Wow, I would never agree to do that... Why would someone even think of making a show like that. oh well.

If he was alone what did he do? His positive attitude made it fun to watch but what was he doing?
kanadajin

Postby purelunatic » Fri 07.07.2006 9:32 am

Japanese TV seems awesome. I wish I could get some japanese channels over here and just watch all of the craziness day in and day out. American/Canandian TV is horrible with all of these crappy realaity show like Big Brother. Give me screwed up japanese humour any day.
purelunatic

Next

Return to General off topic