Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - I just saw...

I just saw...

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

I just saw...

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Thu 07.13.2006 3:49 pm

A panda mauling some one through its cage! It was on a commercial for 'Most Dangerous Moments' on the national geographic channel. I thought pandas were gentle creatures who ate bamboo all day. It was totally scary, it was draging some dude through the bars of it's cage. Yeah...i forgot why this was really relevant tto the world but it was just so shocking...it was a cute panda though...:o
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

RE: I just saw...

Postby Sumi » Thu 07.13.2006 3:53 pm

Any animal can snap & just go off on some unsuspecting victim. It's like the person who is always nice can just go off and beat the crap out of you.
Maybe the person was annoying the panda or he/she was just having a rough day. Oh well, I guess the person will think before they act.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby paul_b » Thu 07.13.2006 3:57 pm

Obsessed_Saru wrote:
A panda mauling some one through its cage! It was on a commercial for 'Most Dangerous Moments' on the national geographic channel. I thought pandas were gentle creatures who ate bamboo all day. It was totally scary, it was draging some dude through the bars of it's cage. Yeah...i forgot why this was really relevant tto the world but it was just so shocking...it was a cute panda though...:o

This is seriously "Off topic forum" fodder.

Although you remind me of this idiot who used food to try to tempt a bear into their car through the _opposite_ door where their (teenage as I recall) son was in that seat. I don't want to put off anybody from their dinner but it didn't end well.
paul_b

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Thu 07.13.2006 3:58 pm

I hope so, enraging pandas should be a crime...(they're just so...cute...)
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby KINGZ » Thu 07.13.2006 4:32 pm

I was at Bush Garden the day that one of the white tigers pull this lades (someone in training to become a vet) arm off in one swoop move. I did not see it happand but did see the arm OUCH. :o
KINGZ

Postby kanadajin » Thu 07.13.2006 11:55 pm

I was at Bush Garden the day that one of the white tigers pull this lades (someone in training to become a vet) arm off in one swoop move. I did not see it happand but did see the arm OUCH

Okay, thats gross.. I'm going to be more carfull next time I go to a zoo or somewhere with dealdy animals. I would like to keep my arms thank you very much.
kanadajin

Postby w the cat » Fri 07.14.2006 2:56 am

well... im staying away from all animals more than half my size...:|
...no, of course i wasn't sleeping... i just had a really long blink...
w the cat

Postby Machina Maw » Fri 07.14.2006 3:11 am

If someone chucked you in a cage and sent people to gawk at you all day, would you want to harm anyone who came too close?
Machina Maw

Postby keatonatron » Fri 07.14.2006 3:58 am

paul_b wrote:
Although you remind me of this idiot

:D:D:D

Koalas are the same. Very cute and cuddly looking, but with very long claws and very sharp teeth.

I guess it all boils down to: bears are bears. No matter how cute it may look... it's a freaking BEAR!
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby Reno » Fri 07.14.2006 5:00 am

I agree with Machina, I wouldnt like it being in some cage all day with dumb folk staring at you. I´d kick some ass if I got the chance too :D
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Infidel » Fri 07.14.2006 6:22 am

people keep forgetting that the animals in zoos are WILD, not domesticated.

The cages aren't there for decoration.
Last edited by Infidel on Fri 07.14.2006 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 07.14.2006 9:22 am

wild animals are just that, Wild. They may look cute, but they are anything but cute. In their world it is survival of the fitest and being locked up in a cage does not change that..

In fact their life expectancy goes down dramatically and many die just from the shock of being in a different environment.

And then when idiots have their own TV programs and handle snakes and wrestle tigers and all that, I wonder, are they brain dead or just ignorant.. A Tiger can pull your head off and bat it around the room and not even care that you were the one who fed it.. take a look at siegfried and roy, Roy has a metal plate in his head and almost lost his life when a seven year old tiger decided Roy looked good enough to bite into..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_&_Roy
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby KINGZ » Fri 07.14.2006 12:32 pm

In fact their life expectancy goes down dramatically and many die just from the shock of being in a different environment.

In most cases, in zoos most animals live about 30 to 60% longer than in the wild.

As for any wild animal, just stay away.
KINGZ

Postby Chris Hart » Fri 07.14.2006 2:03 pm

Obsessed_Saru wrote:

Perhaps that's why cute 可愛い and scary 怖い sound so similar.
Chris Hart

Postby Yuri Yuri » Fri 07.14.2006 2:15 pm

:o I thot pandas were small and cute 2... oh no!
Yuri Yuri

Next

Return to General off topic