Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Does Anyone Have their Own Manga Strait From Their Imaginati

Does Anyone Have their Own Manga Strait From Their Imaginati

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Does Anyone Have their Own Manga Strait From Their Imaginati

Postby Namakielin » Sat 07.22.2006 9:19 am

I have one and I am atill working on it. i am not saying the name cause its not copy righted. you dont have too unless it is copyrighted. but say yeah or no. thanks. im doing this cause i wanna seee if im not the only one with amanga at the age of 15.

ありがとう!
Namakielin

RE: Does Anyone Have their Own Manga Strait From Their Imagi

Postby Sumi » Sat 07.22.2006 12:01 pm

私 の マンガ は 作ります. マンガ は とても 本当 に 良い です でも マンガ もつと の 物語.

I'm writing my own manga. The story is really good, but it's more of a story.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby Harisenbon » Sun 07.23.2006 12:21 am

SHouldn:t this be in Anime/Manga discussion?
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby taylorpelto » Sun 07.23.2006 4:24 am

Heh, well I have my own story that I'm illustrating, But its not one one would call the stereotypical "manga." I draw and use ink paints in my own semi-realistic style that I am really proud of!! And I really like my story, too, as I've been writing it for quite a while! Its basically a story about predjudice and acceptance in an overbearing society.
It isn't the typical gooey lovey-dovey-edible-background-icky comic (although there is a rather hesitant relationship in it), and there are no overplayed cat girls or plot cliches or super-duper-awesome-o-rific powers or unpractically-armored nudie warrior women or grandiose destinies or clear definitions of good and evil or frightiningly-feminine boys or cute sidekicks or amnesia or demon overlords or...
well, you get my drift!

Mine is going to be a webcomic, because doodling is my hobby. I really don't expect to make any profit off of my story, unless of course it is really liked!
taylorpelto

Postby taylorpelto » Sun 07.23.2006 4:32 am

Another post, just for fun.

What do you guys think about the word, "manga?"

I don't think I like it too much. By saying someone draws a manga, isn't that basically saying that that person is.. conforming? I'm not sure how to explain this.
What I don't like is that there are "guidelines" to drawing manga. If you notice, all manga is basically drawn the same. Big eyes, tiny mouth, super-long legs, it all looks the same!
Well, the way I see it, there is no one way to illustrate a story!! There should be no guidelines!! People should all find their own style and not copy off someone else :(

A great place to go for some free comics is http://www.drunkduck.com. Anyone can make and post a comic to be commented on and reviewed by others, and you can read everyone elses! I can reccomend so many amazing stories!
taylorpelto

Postby b4d0m3n » Sun 07.23.2006 6:11 am

Well, I already draw a comic at billionbroken.livejournal.com

It's not much of a manga.
b4d0m3n

Postby Sumi » Sun 07.23.2006 9:27 am

Mine is just really a story of two girls that are considered outcasts in Japan. The half Japanese half black girl & the foreign born Japanese girl.They are trying to overcome social discrimination & all of that, but there are really no pictures.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby Reno » Mon 07.24.2006 2:17 pm

I'm not really fond with the title for this thread and not just because Straight
is written incorrectly, but because no one can have a manga straight from his imagination. Everybody has some type of manga (or anime) in his head when creating his own.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Ongakuka » Mon 07.24.2006 3:14 pm

I have to agree with Reno there. People simply don't realise how much of their own ideas are influenced from past experiences. It's certainly not a bad thing, but to claim that you thought up an entire manga just from your own creativity is ludicrous. I'm sure your manga ideas are very good, but I'd seriously recommend you go through them again and think very hard to see if anything too closely resembles something you have already read/seen.
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions