Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Controlling Your Dreams(L.D)

Postby Dutt » Thu 07.27.2006 3:49 am

My dreams started to have better plot and I started to lucid dream. Now if I don't like the way things are going in my dreams I get all God-like and change around stuff. I can't change scenery or stuff. I'm more like Neo :D
Dutt

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 07.27.2006 10:25 am

Reno wrote:
Everybody controls their own dreams because theyre YOUR dreams from YOUR experiences

look up some of this and do some research.. you don't control your dreams.. your subconcious grabs random daily things and random long term things and does some interesting combinations and that is what you dream.. they are your subconcious things.. wants, desires, thoughts, visions, etc.. but you do not determine how they are picked and in what order you see them.. if you try this, you will find that you are very stressed out and completely irritable.. of course, take the course, go to the sleep doctor and try it yourself sometime.. it isn't all that everyone wants to make of it.. really.. having sleep disorders, i can attest that some of the stuff they do is on the verge of torture..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Budomaru » Thu 07.27.2006 11:20 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
also, waking to remember disrupts the deep sleeps as well and a Lucid Dreamer never enters the deep deep sleep that is considered the regenerative realm of sleep.. anyways. do some research before you jump on this bandwagon.. i caution you at least..

not sure, but i dont think lucid dreaming ever happens during deep sleep. we normally see dreams during REM anyway right? thats past the stage of deep regenerative sleep if i remember correctly.

now waking yourself up to jot down your dreams is different. i dont find any reason good enough to do it unless you're on sleep therapy, psychoanalysis or some other serious reason (like seeing a dream that would make an excellent book for example, if you're a writer). i dont think anyone will miss dreams they dont remember anyway :P
You know you've been hanging around a forum too long when people start quoting you and agreeing :P
Budomaru

Postby Reno » Thu 07.27.2006 1:58 pm

I agree on that one Budomaru-san, but I do believe you can actually get consciounce (damn that word) during dreams, I know that in dreams everything seems natural but I did have something once where I thought while dreaming "what the hell, this cant be real". That means that there is some activity going on there but the instance I realized this I woke up.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Budomaru » Thu 07.27.2006 2:01 pm

thats not what i mean. you can get conscious in a dream, i've managed it myself. i meant that lucid dreams dont happen during deep sleep because you simply dont have dreams during that time. you have them during REM sleep which is after the phase of deep sleep. again, i'm not sure about this, its how i remember information i read about years ago.
You know you've been hanging around a forum too long when people start quoting you and agreeing :P
Budomaru

Postby Reno » Fri 07.28.2006 6:54 am

Well I found a book about it and I'm quite interested so I will read it and check it out.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Reno

Postby kawada2998 » Fri 07.28.2006 7:40 am

this is really interesting , i have had a lucid dream once before, (i didnt know until i checked that link). It's really interesting so I am gonna train up on it :D.

Dutt wrote:
I can't change scenery or stuff.:D

You can't.
But you can controll what YOU do in the dream, eg, you could pull out a machine gun , or you could decide to fly away. Lol
Last edited by kawada2998 on Fri 07.28.2006 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "I know lucidity." (-_-)
kawada2998

Postby kanadajin » Fri 07.28.2006 5:09 pm

You can't.
But you can controll what YOU do in the dream, eg, you could pull out a machine gun , or you could decide to fly away. Lol

I'd turn super sayin 4 and go crazy.. Not even goku, trunks, gohan, pan, vegeta all together could beat me.
kanadajin

Postby kawada2998 » Fri 07.28.2006 6:32 pm

kanadajin wrote:
I'd turn super sayin 4 and go crazy.. Not even goku, trunks, gohan, pan, vegeta all together could beat me.

That'd be pretty cool lol
kawada2998

Postby TrilinguisT » Fri 07.28.2006 8:59 pm

I think it's cool but i thought you have to be 'gifted' to do this .. where is the site anyway?
TrilinguisT

Postby kawada2998 » Sat 07.29.2006 6:14 am

http://www.dreamviews.com

---Apparently anyone can do it :D
kawada2998

Postby Reno » Sat 07.29.2006 8:31 am

Nah you dont have to be gifted, training is all you need. You can do this if you're motivated enough to do so. Thats what most people lack and Im not gonna lie I also tend to lose motivation after some time to learn skills like this.

Reno

Postby Budomaru » Sun 07.30.2006 11:05 am

kawada2998 wrote:
Dutt wrote:

You can't.

um, you sure? isnt the scenery part of the dream?
Budomaru

Postby kawada2998 » Sun 07.30.2006 6:36 pm

Budomaru wrote:
kawada2998 wrote:
Dutt wrote:

You can't.

um, you sure? isnt the scenery part of the dream?

Sorry I should have clarified; You can only change the scenery, by doing things like this :

1) Find a TV in your dream, get the remote, flick through the channels, jump into the tv (when you find a scene you like) And you will be in that scene.

2) Find a friend or person in your dream, and ask them "Take me to 'scene'"

3) Find a door , and think "when i walk through this door, i will be in "scene'" , then walk through the door, and you should be there.

4)Use a magic wand (sounds silly , but it works)

---- These are the most common ways of changing the scenery within a dream.:D
I wanna do the Tv thing (imagine tryingto jump into a 12 inch tv screen);)
kawada2998

Postby kanadajin » Sun 07.30.2006 9:23 pm

I wanna do the Tv thing (imagine tryingto jump into a 12 inch tv screen)

Lol I'd use the magic wand, and I'd to go Japan :D and be the best Japanese speaker there:P (yeah right..)
kanadajin

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic