Native language: Finnish

RE: Dir En Grey

Postby kawada2998 » Fri 07.28.2006 5:46 am

dir en grey are good B)
Image "I know lucidity." (-_-)
kawada2998

Postby Reno » Fri 07.28.2006 6:42 am

Hmm I didnt spot you there, if you dont count the brief second I saw a close up from a guy in a bird cage though.

Not really my type of music though but this beats Rap, RnB, Hip Hop, Trance or Dance any day! :D
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Shibakoen » Fri 07.28.2006 7:06 am

Reno wrote:
Hmm I didnt spot you there, if you dont count the brief second I saw a close up from a guy in a bird cage though.

Not really my type of music though but this beats Rap, RnB, Hip Hop, Trance or Dance any day! :D

You haven't heard any good Trance or Dance, then (or old school rap). The new rap (anything since 1997) is pretty crap. Metal's pretty good, though. I like Tool most, but I doubt they count as Metal.
Shibakoen

Postby keatonatron » Fri 07.28.2006 10:16 pm

TrilinguisT wrote:
were you chosen in an audition to be a cameo in their video or of some sort thing like it?

I know some people. Specifically, someone who's job is to find people to be in music videos.

I had to watch it a few times to find myself. There's the close up of my face in the birdcage, then there's one where you can see the drummer in the background and a candle in the foreground and I'm sitting on a couch.

Then at the very end (this one is really hard to see) I'm standing right behind the lead singer in the hallway, next to the guy in white.

I was also sitting at the dining table holding a video camera (off the screen to the right) so you can see my arm a few times.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby Reno » Sat 07.29.2006 8:36 am

Lol, I did see the close up in the bird cage.

I kinda like the dark video, its good but I gotta say the nose-bleed was a bit over the top emo-stuff haha:D All and all pretty cool and cool of you to actually be in the vid keaton.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby Ongakuka » Sat 07.29.2006 8:46 am

I know some people. Specifically, someone who's job is to find people to be in music videos.

You get to be in videos and live in Japan??:o

*shakes fist*
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby Souji Atsuka » Sat 07.29.2006 9:45 am

I feel really bad for Kyo, he couldnt have the concert in Japan (That I wanted to go to, on the 22nd and 23rd) because I guess he`s having problems with his throat. Although, I guess that comes from screaming all the time. Poor guy. As for cds to recommend I like generally all of the songs on Gauze.
Souji Atsuka

Postby keatonatron » Sat 07.29.2006 12:15 pm

Souji Atsuka wrote:
I feel really bad for Kyo

I don't :p

He's kind of a jerk. I got the feeling the band's success has really gone to his head. He kinda has this "I'm better than everyone" attitude.

At the video shoot, I went over to talk to Die and Kyo was sitting next to him. I was there for maybe 10 seconds when Kyo got up and just walked away, without saying a word.

And if you look at the Band's website, each member has a "send me a message!" type link next to their picture, but Kyo's has a note saying "He never reads fanmail."
keatonatron

Postby aKuMu » Sat 07.29.2006 12:21 pm

Thats maybe because he once got a mail where a young girl or boy, i cant remember, said something about that he/she is going to kill her/his self (wanted help/advice from kyo?). well he/she did. And then kyo made a song about it (dont know which one now) and in some interview he said he wont read fan mails again.

(dont know if its all right)

btw, i cant stand all that "anti emo" blabla. If you look from the other side ->emo = emotion. Every song is about emotions.

btw² keatonatron maybe you could slap die a bit because he nearly hit my head with a water bottle he had thrown at the concert in germany :p
Last edited by aKuMu on Sat 07.29.2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby keatonatron » Sat 07.29.2006 11:38 pm

Well, maybe he isn't that bad of a guy, he just doesn't seem very friendly. :D
keatonatron

Postby Sumi » Sun 07.30.2006 12:06 am

I don't :p

He's kind of a jerk. I got the feeling the band's success has really gone to his head. He kinda has this "I'm better than everyone" attitude.

At the video shoot, I went over to talk to Die and Kyo was sitting next to him. I was there for maybe 10 seconds when Kyo got up and just walked away, without saying a word.

And if you look at the Band's website, each member has a "send me a message!" type link next to their picture, but Kyo's has a note saying "He never reads fanmail."[/quote]

Well, that should be expected, seeing that many lead singers of bands get the attitude. The thing about it is once this whole "Japan craze" fades and Dir en Grey just become another "weird" band, his attitude will change. I'm not so much of a fan of Kyo. I'm more of a Shinya person. He seems a lot nicer.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby keatonatron » Sun 07.30.2006 4:10 am

Shinya rocks. I was sitting right next to the drumset when he was shooting his part, and it was awesome. In fact I took a bootleg video of it, but since I was on camera and couldn't really be looking at what I was doing, it came out off-centered and you can't see much :@

The first time I saw this video, I was actually disappointed that there was so much Kyo and not much other-guys.
keatonatron

Postby prophetsbaby155 » Sun 07.30.2006 7:54 am

Wow you got to be in a Dir en Grey music video! You are so lucky to know people who have connections. I still listen to them, I finally got to see them live in LA so that was cool. [best day of my life actually] I'm fan of Kyo, well a fan of all of them, but he's my favorite. You still keep connections with Die? That's awesome! I'm jealous. haha

o yeah i always saw u in the pv!
Last edited by prophetsbaby155 on Sun 07.30.2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
prophetsbaby155

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Movies and Music