Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Dir En Grey

Dir En Grey

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

RE: Dir En Grey

Postby LennyP » Mon 07.31.2006 1:26 am

If anyone is interested in seeing them live they will be on the family values tour.
LennyP

Postby keatonatron » Mon 07.31.2006 10:36 am

Wow.

I thought I would show up, tell them my name at the door, they'd let me in with everyone else, and that'd be that.

Instead, when I told them my name they handed me a ticket for a first-row balcony seat and a post-show backstage pass! The seat was perfect and I could see a lot better than anyone on the floor. After the show I was lead deep into the bowels of the 武道館 into a room full of drinks, snacks, and important music people. The band came in and everyone mingled for about an hour. I felt really out of place because everyone else knew each other, and I was just "some guy who was in the music video", but Die was nice and talked to me a bit and introduced me to one of his friends.

Kyo was pretty funny, because he's REALLY tiny, and was running around talking to everyone.

It's really hard for me to talk to people I don't know in Japanese. I can never think of anything interesting to say. That'd be a good skill to practice for when I go to more of these things...
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby clay » Mon 07.31.2006 11:18 am

Wow, what an experience. Good for you Keatonatron.

I couldn't spot you in the video, but the stream I found was very small...

Now, if you can go on tour with 天童よしみ, could you get me her autograph? :) 人生しみじみ...
clay
Site Admin

Postby Sumi » Mon 07.31.2006 12:55 pm

keatonatron wrote:
Wow.

I thought I would show up, tell them my name at the door, they'd let me in with everyone else, and that'd be that.

Instead, when I told them my name they handed me a ticket for a first-row balcony seat and a post-show backstage pass! The seat was perfect and I could see a lot better than anyone on the floor. After the show I was lead deep into the bowels of the 武道館 into a room full of drinks, snacks, and important music people. The band came in and everyone mingled for about an hour. I felt really out of place because everyone else knew each other, and I was just "some guy who was in the music video", but Die was nice and talked to me a bit and introduced me to one of his friends.

Kyo was pretty funny, because he's REALLY tiny, and was running around talking to everyone.

It's really hard for me to talk to people I don't know in Japanese. I can never think of anything interesting to say. That'd be a good skill to practice for when I go to more of these things...

Keatonatronさんは、ラッキーです。 京が嫌いのに一日Dir en Greyと会いたいです。
Last edited by Sumi on Mon 07.31.2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby kanadajin » Mon 07.31.2006 1:37 pm

You haven't heard any good Trance or Dance, then (or old school rap). The new rap (anything since 1997) is pretty crap

Thats what I've been saying.. No one listens, before you judge rap you have to listen to every kind and every artist. I can't judge rock becuase I've only listened to a few people (AC/DC, the beatles.. and some more) I Can judge what i've listened to but not rock itself. So please don't do that it gets me angry.. You wouldn't like me when im anry :P
kanadajin

Postby Sumi » Mon 07.31.2006 2:13 pm

J-rap is pretty good. Especially if you are tired of hearing rappers talk about the same old crappy, "Imma shoot you up!" nonsense.
ねえ、あのう、弟さん、ここに遊んじゃだめだよ。あそこは酸があるんだよ。
Sumi

Postby kanadajin » Wed 08.02.2006 11:06 pm

J-rap is pretty good. Especially if you are tired of hearing rappers talk about the same old crappy, "Imma shoot you up!" nonsense.

LOL, like shibakoen was saying. Any rap after 1997 is stupid.. There is few good rap songs anymore.. Because it' all about guns drugs and money..

Someone told me J-rap was TERRIBLE and never to listen to it. I've mnever heard any but I want to.
kanadajin

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 08.03.2006 9:47 am

keatonatron wrote:
Although the song name in Japanese is kind of intense, I'll post it here anyway assuming that anyone too young to be exposed to such topics won't go through the trouble to get it translated and explained to them ;)

The song is 凌辱の雨.

I would link directly to to the video, but maybe someone would get mad at me for "posting inappropriate material"? There isn't really anything graphic in it, but it is a pretty dark video and might scare the young'ns.

Anyway, go to google, type in "凌辱の雨 PV" (with no quotes) and the first hit (Barks) will let you see the video.

I'm the guy wearing the birdcage.

P.S. If you have no interest in heavy-ish rock music and dark, creepy music videos, I won't be offended if you don't check out the video just to see my (small) part.

EDIT:
OH! I forgot to mention. I kept in touch with Die (band member) and he's going to get me into their sold out show this weekend. I'm on the 関係者 list :D I've never been an "associated person" before!

you do realize you just wasted your 15 minutes of fame wearing a bird cage right? lol gratz or something..
two_heads_talking

Postby keatonatron » Thu 08.03.2006 12:33 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
you do realize you just wasted your 15 minutes of fame wearing a bird cage right?

Hahaha. If I had 15 minutes of fame, I'd demand to wear a birdcage.

At least I wasn't the guy in the bikini. He came out of the bathroom wearing it under his pants, with this painful look on his face. "Um... I had to put it on backwards. It was really riding up in the back, and... um, I'm not quite big enough to fill out the front."

I was happy with the birdcage.
keatonatron

Postby kanadajin » Thu 08.03.2006 12:43 pm

LOL thats nasty..
kanadajin

Postby Reno » Sat 08.05.2006 7:18 am

For his sake I hope he got paid big time. Wearing a bikini just to be in a video no way.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby MushikoKr » Mon 08.14.2006 11:20 pm

That's really awsome that you were in a Diru PV. I have been listening to them for awhile (not too long) and I really like them...I sort of miss their Kisou era music though...their new stuff is a little hard rock for my tastes, but I still love 'em. Kyo seems like a really intense person, but I guess I'm judging him on the lyrics he writes...is probably a completely normal guy in real life...I finall get to see them the 25th...I'm so excited!
MushikoKr

Postby keatonatron » Tue 08.15.2006 1:19 am

Kyo is very, very.... short.

Enjoy the show, I think they're great in concert. Although I heard they weren't received well at the beginning of the US tour, and were even booed at. 'Course that was in Texas, so I'm not really surprised :D
keatonatron

Postby MushikoKr » Tue 08.15.2006 2:40 am

keatonatron wrote:
Kyo is very, very.... short.

Enjoy the show, I think they're great in concert. Although I heard they weren't received well at the beginning of the US tour, and were even booed at. 'Course that was in Texas, so I'm not really surprised :D

Yes, I have heard of his infamous shortness LOLOL Isn't he around 5'0 or something? Yes, I did hear that about the Texas shows as well...really pissed me off...I'm sorry but given that it's a bunch of Korn fans (no offence to anyone) that I'm not exactly suprised. I just hope that they see enough Diru fans at the shows to know that they do have a fan base here who loves them to deat :)
MushikoKr

Postby keatonatron » Tue 08.15.2006 3:49 am

MushikoKr wrote:
I'm sorry but given that it's a bunch of Korn fans...

Which surprises me. Their music isn't exactly the same, but it's similar enough that it seems like fans of one band should at least be able to enjoy the other.

If they walked out and started playing country or something I would understand, but... their show is pretty rockin' so I don't see why anyone at a ROCK CONCERT would actually boo them.
keatonatron

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Movies and Music