Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Naruto manga..... in Japanese

Naruto manga..... in Japanese

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Naruto manga..... in Japanese

Postby acerunner » Mon 07.17.2006 8:29 pm

Does anyone know a good site I could order this from. I dunno, I though it would be cool to have at least the first in Japanese. Also, good reading prctice.

I already tried eBay, it wasnt much help. Any suggestions? :O
acerunner

RE: Naruto manga..... in Japanese

Postby Schisma » Mon 07.17.2006 8:30 pm

You can get a rawscan from a scanlation group, even though the kana may be hard to see... Shouldn't be a problem if you know kanji, though.
Last edited by Schisma on Mon 07.17.2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schisma

Postby richvh » Mon 07.17.2006 8:35 pm

Sasuga Books carries it.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Reno » Mon 07.24.2006 5:26 pm

http://www.narutocentral.com has easy small downloads (you do have to sign up) for Real Player but seriously you can get the japanese version everywhere.

I have more trouble finding the english dubs which I still wanna see just to see how bad they made it.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby saraLynne » Mon 07.24.2006 5:59 pm

On topic: You can get them as rich said at Sasuga Books. Ebay also generally has plenty of sellers of the original Japanese manga at reasonable prices. Just be real careful which you bid on, read details! There are also korean (easy to tell apart) and chinese (not as easy to spot) translations for sale.

Response to RENO:

Naruto in english now available for free at
http://www.toonamijetstream.com (the site won't load if you're using firefox, you just get an error message. Works fine on IE though, so suck it up and use IE for the site. :P )

The Jetstream site just opened this week, so they only have 1 episode on there right now (or they did when I checked 2 days ago. I hate the Naruto dub. Naruto doesn't sound bratty enough, he just sounds like a 30 yr old guy with a sore throat. And since Naruto sucks, they had to make everyone else's voices flat, emotionless, and boring to make Naruto seem more hyper.
saraLynne

Postby anikaliki » Mon 07.24.2006 7:09 pm

I think naruto is pretty cool. just the manga though. the anime is dumb
Finally!
anikaliki

Postby Reno » Wed 07.26.2006 5:19 pm

dont say that! The anime is great, the japanese one that is.

Thanks for the link Sara-san and dont forget that voice-acting is a big industry in Japan but not the US ;)
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Postby punkgrl326 » Mon 07.31.2006 1:27 pm

Actually, the dub from episode 30 and up is pretty good, but the ones before that just suck. After ep 35, they take out most of the "believe it"s. Now he only says it like once every two episodes. Plus, they've started to leave most of the bloody scenes unedited. Not all the time, but most of the time ;)

narutofan.com raws are good, but they only have raws from chapter 261 and up, none bfore that. Try narutochuushin.com or mangahelpers.com. These two sites usually have good quality scans, and at narutochuushin, if you don't want to dl them, you can still read them online.
Last edited by punkgrl326 on Mon 07.31.2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby Hatori » Mon 07.31.2006 1:33 pm

Reno wrote:
dont say that! The anime is great, the japanese one that is.

Thanks for the link Sara-san and dont forget that voice-acting is a big industry in Japan but not the US ;)

the English anime is stupid. they cut out some parts in English ( for ex.: like when Naruto was cutting his hand in one of the earlier episodes, and they show it in Japan and the manga). but i think nothing can beat the original books of most animes.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby punkgrl326 » Mon 07.31.2006 1:44 pm

Oh yeah, another thing. There's this Power Seller on ebay who sells every volume for a good price, not to mention tons of Doujin and other manga ;) I'm not sure if I can post the link, but if I can, here it is Tokyo Disney 2

If it's not allowed, then I'll remove it. This is where my cousin always buys his manga from. All manga is brand spankin new
Last edited by punkgrl326 on Mon 07.31.2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Postby LustBaka » Mon 07.31.2006 2:15 pm

yesasia.com
LustBaka

Postby punkgrl326 » Mon 07.31.2006 2:53 pm

yesasia.com is a good site, but their delivery time takes forever :|

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions