Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Please wait while we log you in...

Please wait while we log you in...

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Please wait while we log you in...

Postby redfoxer » Fri 08.04.2006 4:55 pm

TheJapanesePage.com - Learn Japanese for FREE -- How to Wow! with language, culture, kanji, and grammar

Logging in as redfoxer

Please wait while we transfer you...

[ Or click here if you do not wish to wait ]

Just curiousity really. why is there an option to click "here" if you do not wish to wait? i mean....why would someone wait? What does that page do really? Itd probably would make sense if the link said, Click here if this page doesn't automatically refresh.... (only because i think thats what that link does, but like i said. i dont actually know).

sorry for the *unbelievably* riddiculus and pointless quesion but im really wondering what that does.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

RE: Please wait while we log you in...

Postby zengargoyle » Fri 08.04.2006 5:27 pm

lol, i think it's there because there's a delay in the redirection to the main page to give people long enough to read the notice that says they have successfully logged in. if you read slow, you'll never get to the "click here if you do not wish to wait" part. if you read fast, you might get bored waiting, so they give you a way out.
zengargoyle

Postby redfoxer » Fri 08.04.2006 5:31 pm

You....are....now...being....GADDARN IT....if only there was a pause button somewhere *looks for pause key*

lol thanks zen.
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby zengargoyle » Fri 08.04.2006 5:49 pm

as an aside... the whole reason for the redirection thing is so that when you get to the hompage, if you hit reload... since your last 'action' was a redirect you'll just get the home page again. if you went directly from the login to the home page, if you reloaded the page.. you would effectively login again (since your last action was to click the submit button and POST a form).

★★★ The More You Know... ★★★
zengargoyle

Postby Infidel » Sat 08.05.2006 12:03 am

because older browsers don't support the meta refresh tag. They won't be redirected, they have to click the link.
Last edited by Infidel on Sat 08.05.2006 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Reno » Sat 08.05.2006 6:53 am

I admit it! Im unpatient and always click the link even though the waiting is only a couple of seconds:(

I just dont wish to wait :)
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

Return to General off topic